D1 Women's Soccer Transfers

I saw SDSU vs. CSUF on 8/10/18. SDSU did not seem to have an overly large roster. Interesting that two players have transferred away. Is there something going on with the program?

I saw SDSU vs. CSUF on 8/10/18. SDSU did not seem to have an overly large roster. Interesting that two players have transferred away. Is there something going on with the program?

Friesen has made some pretty iffy calls with recruiting the last few years and it's really costing them now. That coupled with SDSU having their best player transfer in multiple years tells me that something isn't going right. Environment? Team cohesion? I heard he had a pretty good midfielder from Norcal that he was about to land but she transferred clubs (was friends with the club she transferred from) and pulled the plug after telling her she was golden. not good BUT then again, he just signed a new contract so he's not going anywhere...

Friedan didn’t do himself any favors with the Pruitt transfer. Held her up for multiple games. Reputation follows you. The fact that Moses left for a full year to avoid his BS Should tell you something

Friesen has made some pretty iffy calls with recruiting the last few years and it's really costing them now. That coupled with SDSU having their best player transfer in multiple years tells me that something isn't going right. Environment? Team cohesion? I heard he had a pretty good midfielder from Norcal that he was about to land but she transferred clubs (was friends with the club she transferred from) and pulled the plug after telling her she was golden. not good BUT then again, he just signed a new contract so he's not going anywhere...
That and playing in the MW Conference with only one auto-qualifier. I think some of these players fly under the radar and end up wanting a bit more from their soccer experience. Who wants to play in Wyoming every other year?

Friedan didn’t do himself any favors with the Pruitt transfer. Held her up for multiple games. Reputation follows you. The fact that Moses left for a full year to avoid his BS Should tell you something
Or, Friesen needs to take back some more of the responsibilities of recruiting from the guys he’s entrusted since Juan Pablo left. Nothing but downhill since he left.

I was hoping for one transfer to make it over to Pepp but I guess that didn't happen.

Must have changed her mind. Malibu may have the view but it's hard to leave a great team, with a great coach, with great culture that is a contender every year. Especially when the coach plays everyone that helps the team win. I only know of one that has left since the 2016 class arrived.

Don't leave us hanging. Can you please finish your post?

I promised my baby that I wouldn't reveal anything that hadn't been announced. You are going to have to check Instagram. I can say that it won't affect the team's plans or outlook for 2019. With AS and AR getting additional support up top from their top 2 recruits SF and MF and 4 other players back from injury they prospects are good this season. They return 18 of their top 20 players (including 10 starters) plus 4 other players that will be competing to take over that spot.

Must have changed her mind. Malibu may have the view but it's hard to leave a great team, with a great coach, with great culture that is a contender every year. Especially when the coach plays everyone that helps the team win. I only know of one that has left since the 2016 class arrived.

That's extremely impressive. Loads of talent keeps coming through the door. Keeping them all happy has to be one of the biggest juggling acts for that coach.

That's extremely impressive. Loads of talent keeps coming through the door. Keeping them all happy has to be one of the biggest juggling acts for that coach.

She is pretty honest with the players and expects a lot from them. Practice can be intense but she has shown that everyone that can help the team win will play. Even the backup keeper started 5-7 games. The school and location definitely helps.

She is pretty honest with the players and expects a lot from them. Practice can be intense but she has shown that everyone that can help the team win will play. Even the backup keeper started 5-7 games. The school and location definitely helps.

So you're saying we can expect another Elite Eight appearance.

So you're saying we can expect another Elite Eight appearance.

You can expect my kids team to be 4-0 against the University of Spoiled Children for her career. You can also expect a tremendous fall for the University of South Central. How many times has $C been to the Elite Eight? You can’t get under my skin anymore. Hope you enjoy the NWSL because the best players aren’t going there anymore....

Back