CRL Academy

Can someone explain to me again why teams that already play each other during league play need to play 7 more games against the exact same teams in a separate closed league?
I could see it being a good idea if you had the DPL teams playing against the other teams that qualified to play in CRL.

So that DPL teams who couldn't qualify for CRL on their own in the larger pool of teams that all qualified through the previous season (which some DPL teams did) or through the play-in have their own path to National League? An attempt to make DPL overall look more attractive to consumers? To give DPL some legitimacy? There are a few competitive DPL teams out there, but from what I've seen over the last couple of years against the DPL teams my DD has played against there are only 1 or 2 in her age group that have been competitive. Maybe it will become more competitive for the younger age groups as they're coming up, but I know for my older daughter the addition of all these extra leagues (DPL, ECNL2) and its watering down effects on ALL the leagues has created a complete sh*tstorm and I really hope that her and her teammates and peers can weather the storm and find their own paths to play in college if that's what they aspire to do.

I would just like to clarify that I am not bashing DPL or players who choose to play DPL, these are just my objective observations from the competition my DD's team has faced against DPL teams in the past.

CRL Academy Schedules up for Girls:

Schedules
The regular, I mean, "The Real" CRL brackets mostly have 12 teams (11 games) with the top 2 teams advancing.

The Academy brackets mostly have 8 teams (7 games) with the top team advancing.

Do you know how the finals will be determined with only 3 teams advancing?

...and please don't say the top 2 teams from the CRL bracket play each other with the winner facing the top team of the Academy bracket. That would be way too much home cooking for the DPL teams. And this is coming from a DPL parent who is NOT a fan of this "give me" Academy bracket for the DPL teams.

Can someone explain to me again why teams that already play each other during league play need to play 7 more games against the exact same teams in a separate closed league?
I could see it being a good idea if you had the DPL teams playing against the other teams that qualified to play in CRL.
Don't quote me, but, last year DPL was supposed to be a home and away game against each team; it did not work out that way. Difficulty with scheduling all of the games (I do not know why but that was the situation). Last year there was no path to any kind of championship. This year DPL is essentially a fall league with 1 game against each team (home or away however the schedule works out). DPL CRL will play regular CRL for a chance to advance in whatever CRL qualifies you for (path to a championship). Do not know why DPL CRL is separate.

:rolleyes:
Don't quote me, but, last year DPL was supposed to be a home and away game against each team; it did not work out that way. Difficulty with scheduling all of the games (I do not know why but that was the situation). Last year there was no path to any kind of championship. This year DPL is essentially a fall league with 1 game against each team (home or away however the schedule works out). DPL CRL will play regular CRL for a chance to advance in whatever CRL qualifies you for (path to a championship). Do not know why DPL CRL is separate.

They could have competed in National Cup (some DPL teams did) for a shot at Far West regionals and the National Championships. And/Or they could have participated in the play-in as all the other teams did to qualify for CRL. Some DPL teams may have displaced other weaker non-DPL teams that qualified and created one overall stronger CRL bracket at each age group. Instead it’s just more watered down than ever.:rolleyes:

Cal South is celver getting people to pay top dollar for flight 2 by calling it "academy"

Are the girls more sensitive to names? the need for these special 2nd level closed leagues with these catch phase names like "development, Academy and the like. Boys not so much as there doesn't seem to be a need for that.

Being a Legends 02 DPL parent I don't understand this CRL crap they're throwing at us. 1/2 of the teams in our CRL bracket are weaker than the non-DPL teams and don't deserve to be in CRL. I'd rather have 1 large CRL division where everyone plays everyone and then a playoff with seeding. Now we have to sacrifice good competition to play weak teams. Come on CRL admins. Worse is that we have to travel far distances now to play weak teams. Doesn't make any sense. I can only imagine this is a plot to keep the lower ranked DPL teams happy by saying "we're in the CRL academy division so don't leave this team". The good news is that there's no AZ or UT teams so at least we won't have to make that fun drive.

So I was under the impression that teams weren’t allowed to have guest players play with the team...is that not the case? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

Why couldn't all DPL team compete in National Cup?

And if for whatever reason they couldn’t compete in National cup for a shot at Far West Regionals, why couldn’t they all compete in the play-in for CRL? It would be nice to have a league with one stronger bracket rather than two watered down brackets.

How else do you suspect the big clubs (ie. rhymes w/Spammers) get away with it?
Don’t know the daily workings of that club or their teams. But the rule has been more beneficial to teams who have a real need for players. Our team last year pulled players because of injuries.

I thought that was National Cup?

Are we nearing a point where we'll see DA, ECNL and maybe 1 other league. And everyone else goes back and plays rec soccer for $200 a year?
except I hear rec soccer is closer to $1200-$1500 a year now :eek:

Back