Coach Movement and 2018 Assignments

On either this thread or another a poster described what the Albi0n coach supposedly did. He supposedly sent text messages to his youth players soliciting help in getting a "semen sample," which was supposedly related to his "prostate problem." If this was what he did, then his conduct was despicable. He should have been fired and reported to the authorities.

From other posts, it sounds like Albion immediately fired the coach. Without knowing, I would bet that Albion also reported him to the authorities. Accordingly, this coach is no longer affiliated with Albion, is not associating with any of Albion's teams or players, and has nothing to do with the club.

It sounds to me like Albion has fully complied with its legal responsibilities. Which makes me wonder, why is the club being bashed so hard by some of the posters on this Board? Based on their posts, it sounds like some of them have a long-standing personal dispute with Albion and its DOC, and they are using this event as a way to keep that dispute alive.

What I would like to know is what these people think Albion did wrong. Is it that they knew the coach was sending the texts before he sent them? We can be certain that is not true. Or is it that Albion took insufficient steps to get rid of the coach when it found out? According to other posts, Albion fired him the day it discovered the texts.

It sounds like the posters' beef is that Albion has not personally contacted every single family in the Club to tell them what this person supposedly did, and that Albion has not called the media to publicize the coach's actions to the entire world. But if Albion did that, how would it provide additional protection to Albion players? The coach is already gone. He is not coaching Albion girls. Everybody seems to know why. How would publicizing the matter help Albion players who are no longer being coached by the man?

From a criminal trial standpoint, Albion probably should not be calling people or the media for at least one good reason: If Albion goes around calling every person, and then calling the media, that will create opportunities for defense counsel to lay the groundwork for a claim that the club is a biased witness. Every communication made by the club will be subject to discovery. It is probable that Albion was told by authorities NOT to discuss the case with anyone for these very reasons.

I would also guess that Albion has contacted its own lawyers, and they are also telling Albion not to discuss the case with anyone.

On either this thread or another a poster described what the Albi0n coach supposedly did. He supposedly sent text messages to his youth players soliciting help in getting a "semen sample," which was supposedly related to his "prostate problem." If this was what he did, then his conduct was despicable. He should have been fired and reported to the authorities.

From other posts, it sounds like Albion immediately fired the coach. Without knowing, I would bet that Albion also reported him to the authorities. Accordingly, this coach is no longer affiliated with Albion, is not associating with any of Albion's teams or players, and has nothing to do with the club.

It sounds to me like Albion has fully complied with its legal responsibilities. Which makes me wonder, why is the club being bashed so hard by some of the posters on this Board? Based on their posts, it sounds like some of them have a long-standing personal dispute with Albion and its DOC, and they are using this event as a way to keep that dispute alive.

What I would like to know is what these people think Albion did wrong. Is it that they knew the coach was sending the texts before he sent them? We can be certain that is not true. Or is it that Albion took insufficient steps to get rid of the coach when it found out? According to other posts, Albion fired him the day it discovered the texts.

It sounds like the posters' beef is that Albion has not personally contacted every single family in the Club to tell them what this person supposedly did, and that Albion has not called the media to publicize the coach's actions to the entire world. But if Albion did that, how would it provide additional protection to Albion players? The coach is already gone. He is not coaching Albion girls. Everybody seems to know why. How would publicizing the matter help Albion players who are no longer being coached by the man?

From a criminal trial standpoint, Albion probably should not be calling people or the media for at least one good reason: If Albion goes around calling every person, and then calling the media, that will create opportunities for defense counsel to lay the groundwork for a claim that the club is a biased witness. Every communication made by the club will be subject to discovery. It is probable that Albion was told by authorities NOT to discuss the case with anyone for these very reasons.

I would also guess that Albion has contacted its own lawyers, and they are also telling Albion not to discuss the case with anyone.

What's more disgusting this post or the fact that all the Albion parents and their alts call it a winner?
Why don't you read through the last 15 pages.
I find your post offensive sir. Beyond offensive.

Looky there. All the 04 Albion parents that are presently kissing ass rates your post a winner.

It is very simple what Albion did wrong. After discovering the scum was contacting multiple girls, they should have contacted parents to let them know that their daughter still might be a victim. Simply firing him does not magically make him less of a threat to girls and their parents that do not know what he is capable of.

No one is saying Albion should go to the media. That is absurd. But instead of burying the issue to protect themselves make sure the parents are aware so they can protect their children from future harm, i.e. He still has players phone numbers and many did not know he was fired during the high school break. He could have still easily prayed on these girls.

What's more disgusting this post or the fact that all the Albion parents and their alts call it a winner?
Why don't you read through the last 15 pages.
I find your post offensive sir. Beyond offensive.
Wait I thought Albion parents are not suppose to be on this site?
@avh=#24 have anything more to say about either corrupt club that you've been at CSC or Albion?

@EcDPStillCountsConCrema you have some answering to do too.
When word started on these forums about him before we knew any specifics there were many that still trusted Albion. Hell I even urged a couple posters to stay their pitchforks. Then we found out that not only was Tony a deviant but a pervert as well. The man genuinely needs to be lobotomized for the good of society and yet because he wore a blue jacket you lot are praising the handling of an unhandled pedo.
I hope for your sakes that US Soccer provides counseling to your daughters because god knows you would let them down if you found out Scheri got to them.

I would love to know the answer to this question. lets say this weird ass degenerate soccer coach rather than trying to get his small ass wanker fixed with minor children he was solely fixated on YOU doing it for him. So he would text you and call you up during work and at night, maybe he would walk by the sidelines and gentle massage your shoulders during practice. Then more texting followed by some not so sutle imagery to go along with it. Nothing wrong with that at all right? I mean because your like over 18 so it’s totally cool right? I mean it’s fine because your probally into that right? The club that employs him should never ever show any responsibility or have one ounce of accountability with whom they employ because it just takes to long to call or email people to provide information about a sex predator. But I’m sure you are just fine with it. Maybe you like giving hand... to people but maybe just maybe the kids should be able to go to a Fu....... soccer practice without a middle aged sex freak being there. So seriously before you type some weak ass thing back saying you still don’t get it or what is the posters beef with this club or the forum is biased. Stop Just stop.

Looky there. All the 04 Albion parents that are presently kissing ass rates your post a winner.

It is very simple what Albion did wrong. After discovering the scum was contacting multiple girls, they should have contacted parents to let them know that their daughter still might be a victim. Simply firing him does not magically make him less of a threat to girls and their parents that do not know what he is capable of.

No one is saying Albion should go to the media. That is absurd. But instead of burying the issue to protect themselves make sure the parents are aware so they can protect their children from future harm, i.e. He still has players phone numbers and many did not know he was fired during the high school break. He could have still easily prayed on these girls.
You make a legitimate point. I agree that somebody should have reached out to players on the coach's teams (if they are adults) and their parents on the teams to determine if there were other victims. Now the issue becomes: "who should call the potential victims" and "how much should be said?" Normally, the investigating authorities like to do the calling themselves. Detectives don't like witnesses reaching out to each other to discuss the facts of a case because they can inadvertently influence each other's testimony.

If the coach did what he is accused of doing, then Albion should have called the players (if adults) and their parents, told them that a report about the coach was made to the authorities about improper texting between the coach and another player, told the families that they should expect the authorities to contact them, and that Albion does not recommend communicating with the former coach. I wouldn't say more than that, and I would not involve others or the media.

You make a legitimate point. I agree that somebody should have reached out to players on the coach's teams (if they are adults) and their parents on the teams to determine if there were other victims. Now the issue becomes: "who should call the potential victims" and "how much should be said?" Normally, the investigating authorities like to do the calling themselves. Detectives don't like witnesses reaching out to each other to discuss the facts of a case because they can inadvertently influence each other's testimony.

If the coach did what he is accused of doing, then Albion should have called the players (if adults) and their parents, told them that a report about the coach was made to the authorities about improper texting between the coach and another player, told the families that they should expect the authorities to contact them, and that Albion does not recommend communicating with the former coach. I wouldn't say more than that, and I would not involve others or the media.
That is all I was asking for. And an email could have done the job. Many of these girls still have him listed on their scouting profiles and thus may still have contact with him.

However since Albion (Gins and Board not the coaches) has shown an indifference to these girls safety they should be held accountable.

That is all I was asking for. And an email could have done the job. Many of these girls still have him listed on their scouting profiles and thus may still have contact with him.

However since Albion (Gins and Board not the coaches) has shown an indifference to these girls safety they should be held accountable.

Have you asked "Albion (Gins and Board...)" about that? Or are you just following the hysteria in this thread?

Have you asked "Albion (Gins and Board...)" about that? Or are you just following the hysteria in this thread?
On this issue I did not ask Gins and the Board. I am no longer associated with the club and when I was he still did not give a damn about legitimate issues of child safety that I tried to address with both him and the Board. I did ask a current coach and his response was that I knew better to ask because I already knew that Gins would not do anything.

I'll make you a deal. You talk to them and report back. If they even give you the time of day, I will issue you and Albion an apology and out myself.

However if this was Surf, you would be all over this issue. Geeze you still often bring up a Surf coach that engaged in similar behavior 15? years ago where Surf did act appropriately from all indications. What is the real reason you are defending Albion? Could it be you suffer from the same medical condition Scheri is claiming and thus you can relate to him?

On this issue I did not ask Gins and the Board. I am no longer associated with the club and when I was he still did not give a damn about legitimate issues of child safety that I tried to address with both him and the Board. I did ask a current coach and his response was that I knew better to ask because I already knew that Gins would not do anything.

I'll make you a deal. You talk to them and report back. If they even give you the time of day, I will issue you and Albion an apology and out myself.

However if this was Surf, you would be all over this issue. Geeze you still often bring up a Surf coach that engaged in similar behavior 15? years ago where Surf did act appropriately from all indications. What is the real reason you are defending Albion? Could it be you suffer from the same medical condition Scheri is claiming and thus you can relate to him?

I never had any problems with Albion in Presidio, tournaments (theirs or in others as opponents), or camps. From what I read here, there are a lot of people who have issues with Albion, but it's not too clear what the issues are.

I only say things about Surf that have happened to me as parent, coach and club administrator, or has been reported in reputable news sources (and I have left out some things reported by people I trust, but for which I have no first-hand knowledge). Almost every club coach or administrator I have known over the years has interesting stories (usually like "Let me tell you what Surf did to us..."). They are the only club I know that has pissed off both CSL and Presidio, although they still seem to be on the good side of Cal South.

Accordingly, this coach is no longer affiliated with Albion, is not associating with any of Albion's teams or players, and has nothing to do with the club.
You don't know this to be true, but you assert it as though it is a fact. Any cretin who would be so brazen and stupid to send a text to an 18 year old girl prior player (who could instantly show her parents) that he wants her to help him get a semen sample, is capable of just about anything. When they fired him did they take his phone away? Did they delete his contact list? Seriously?

So if a teacher is molesting a student, and is fired, no one should tell students in his class, or school, because he is gone? Seriously? Your defense of the club and its failure to notify all club players is despicable, and why these perpetrators continue to assault kids. Are you defending the club to assuage your guilt in staying there and being affiliated with them? If this was your kid's coach, you really wouldn't want the club to tell you, just because they fired the creep?

People like this are exactly why my kid has no desire to come forward. I am sorry I brought it up, I certainly did not do so to have my credibility and integrity attacked or honesty questioned. I thought the world of Tony Sheri, he was instrumental in helping us with the college process and Albion was great for my daughter. I have zero reason to make some story up and even if I did so, this prostate thing is so odd I am not sure how I could dream it up. You believe what you want but what I have said is 100% true and none of you are in my shoes, know myself or my daughters situation, circumstances, etc. telling either of us what we “should” be doing and victim shaming is pathetic. Why would anyone come forward and deal with this crap?
Do you think that your daughter was the only one to get these texts, or are you aware that it went to others. (Sorry I can't scroll all the way back and see what you posted.) Why not get a screen grab and post it (with identifying info for your daughter removed)? This would allow people to see the depravity of this creep.

Do you think that your daughter was the only one to get these texts, or are you aware that it went to others. (Sorry I can't scroll all the way back and see what you posted.) Why not get a screen grab and post it (with identifying info for your daughter removed)? This would allow people to see the depravity of this creep.

His daughter was NOT the reason TS got fired! She was another that came forward weeks after the underaged girl came forward first that got TS fired.
This is reaching way beyond just one or two children! Before this is over I’m going to take a guess he has done more than just texting over the past 20 years of this pig putting himself around so many underaged girls.

Espola-I thought that you were going to ask Ginns for us? When can we expect a response?

As of an hour ago, Albion parents still have not been notified.

I thought this thread was for coach movement? Looks like SD Surf added some top coaches on the girls side:

http://goalnation.com/rob-becerra-brian-reed-join-surf-sc/

Rob has an excellent reputation - I remember him from his time as Technical Director at US Soccer. Don't know much about Brian Reed.

Yes some of like to know where the predators are moving to so excuse us discussing this.

I love the "top coaches" references. Pray tell what makes these selections top coaches? I need to read the article but their names don't ring any bells.

Back