Club Fees are they refundable?

LA_2028

BRONZE
I'm thinking of switching clubs, will my old club return my fees(I already paid 2 installments for the 2019-2020 ECNL Season, which hasn't started yet)?

Seems super early since ECNL tryouts this month but check your players agreement refund policy section.

Some clubs treat first payment as deposit and not refundable, while others give partial refund based on the % you participated so you may be eligible for a refund on that 2nd installment for example.

Depends. Many clubs have a "no refund" policy once you sign the agreement and make a deposit. Sometimes if you complain loud enough, they'll offer some sort of refund. Sometimes, they will tell you to pound sand.

I have always paid with the installation plan. Even if you can afford to pay it all at once. Payments can always be stopped. Once they have all your money, good luck getting it back. Consider using a prepaid debit card for the auto payments, that way they only get the money if you arrange it.

I have always paid with the installation plan. Even if you can afford to pay it all at once. Payments can always be stopped. Once they have all your money, good luck getting it back. Consider using a prepaid debit card for the auto payments, that way they only get the money if you arrange it.
The prepaid debit card is actually a really good idea. Wonder if there is a business model there. Market a “soccer club” card to keep the jackals out of your bank once you realize you were sold a bag of dog poop.

The prepaid debit card is actually a really good idea. Wonder if there is a business model there. Market a “soccer club” card to keep the jackals out of your bank once you realize you were sold a bag of dog poop.
Good idea but just go old school and use a check.

You are right about not using a credit card. Albion continued to charge me for 3 kids after we left despite having complied with their contract.

Back