Climate and Weather

Symbolically, yes, but he has become reticent about revealing his sources lately. Maybe he is just too embarrassed to admit who is leading him around on a leash now?
Like I said a couple years ago, the way he phrases things and the words he uses comes straight from the Aryan nation playbook . . . like his hero t, they speak the same language.

ENVIRONMENT

ANDREW WHEELER, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency: "From 1970 to 2018, U.S. criteria air pollution fell 74 percent. ... Under your administration, emissions of all the criteria air pollutants continue to decline. For example, the lead and sulfur dioxide have dropped by double-digit percentages over the last two years. Today, we have the cleanest air on record." — remarks Monday.

THE FACTS: Air quality has not improved since Trump took office and air in the U.S. is not the cleanest on record.

Wheeler specifically is incorrect that emissions for all six of the "criteria" air pollutants tracked by EPA have declined during the Trump administration. Of the six, three actually increased in 2017: carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and two measures of particulate matter pollution. The other three, ozone, lead and sulfur dioxide, did decline.

Indeed, after decades of improvement, progress in air quality stalled. Over the last two years the U.S. had more polluted air days than just a few years earlier , according to EPA data analyzed by The AP.

There were 15% more days with unhealthy air in America both last year and the year before than there were on average from 2013 through 2016, the four years when the U.S had its fewest number of those days since at least 1980, when the measurement started.

Records for the fewest air polluted days were set during the Obama administration.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ap-fact-check-trump-eco-115951030.html

ENVIRONMENT

ANDREW WHEELER, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency: "From 1970 to 2018, U.S. criteria air pollution fell 74 percent. ... Under your administration, emissions of all the criteria air pollutants continue to decline. For example, the lead and sulfur dioxide have dropped by double-digit percentages over the last two years. Today, we have the cleanest air on record." — remarks Monday.

THE FACTS: Air quality has not improved since Trump took office and air in the U.S. is not the cleanest on record.

Wheeler specifically is incorrect that emissions for all six of the "criteria" air pollutants tracked by EPA have declined during the Trump administration. Of the six, three actually increased in 2017: carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and two measures of particulate matter pollution. The other three, ozone, lead and sulfur dioxide, did decline.

Indeed, after decades of improvement, progress in air quality stalled. Over the last two years the U.S. had more polluted air days than just a few years earlier , according to EPA data analyzed by The AP.

There were 15% more days with unhealthy air in America both last year and the year before than there were on average from 2013 through 2016, the four years when the U.S had its fewest number of those days since at least 1980, when the measurement started.

Records for the fewest air polluted days were set during the Obama administration.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ap-fact-check-trump-eco-115951030.html
Sucker

I've noticed something about ants.
The imported Argentine variety.
Anyone else notice in your area a change in the little black ant ( Argentine) population?

I would appreciate your input.
I'm doing a little study of my own.

I've noticed something about ants.
The imported Argentine variety.
Anyone else notice in your area a change in the little black ant ( Argentine) population?

I would appreciate your input.
I'm doing a little study of my own.

I read some time ago an article by an SDSU biologist that there are two "tribes" of Argentine black ants in Southern California. Within each tribal area, ants from neighboring hills sort of get along with each other, but on the ever-shifting boundary between the two tribes, there is constant warfare.

I read some time ago an article by an SDSU biologist that there are two "tribes" of Argentine black ants in Southern California. Within each tribal area, ants from neighboring hills sort of get along with each other, but on the ever-shifting boundary between the two tribes, there is constant warfare.
Old news.
Since that time they had, (within the past five years or so) become one "super colony".
I've noticed something within the past year that is astounding.

What have you noticed, if anything, about the Argentine ant colonies in your area?

Old news.
Since that time they had, (within the past five years or so) become one "super colony".
I've noticed something within the past year that is astounding.

What have you noticed, if anything, about the Argentine ant colonies in your area?

I don't see many ants in my area. I think the golf course workers and/or condo gardeners spray stuff that kills them all.

I don't see many ants in my area. I think the golf course workers and/or condo gardeners spray stuff that kills them all.
The spray has very little effect on the Argentine ants in the long term.
Have you noticed an increase or decrease in population in the past year or so?
This is a serious question.
Do you notice things like this?
If you dont, can you ask your neighbors?

The spray has very little effect on the Argentine ants in the long term.
Have you noticed an increase or decrease in population in the past year or so?

I think they are spraying for roaches. The ants are just innocent bystanders.

It has gone from none to none. Is that an increase or a decrease?

I think they are spraying for roaches. The ants are just innocent bystanders.

It has gone from none to none. Is that an increase or a decrease?
Its very unusual to have no ants in southern California, especially in an area as well watered as a golf course.
So, none?
How long have you been in that location?

Its very unusual to have no ants in southern California, especially in an area as well watered as a golf course.
So, none?
How long have you been in that location?

Over three years. We have mice, rabbits, lizards, coyotes, several varieties of birds, etc, but very few insects except flies feeding on garbage, and mayflies and junebugs in season. In the previous house, I was always at war with ants.

What is wrong with you people?
Congress
Climate change protesters glue themselves together in tunnel to Capitol
17 arrested as votes go ahead as scheduled with House members finding other routes to chamber
Police block access from the Cannon House Office Building to the Capitol after protesters seeking congressional action on climate change glued themselves to a door Tuesday night, but House members found other routes to the chamber. (Doug Sword/CQ Roll Call)

Chris Marquette
Posted Jul 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Demonstrators seeking to get Congress to declare a climate emergency superglued their hands to each other and blocked entrances to the Capitol from House office buildings Tuesday to disrupt scheduled votes.

The protesters from the group Extinction Rebellion formed human blockades in the tunnels to the Capitol from Rayburn and Cannon House buildings, which along with the connected Longworth building are where members have their offices.

Will Flagle, one of the protesters, said if Congress doesn’t act on climate change “there’s going to be increased drought,” “coral systems will be bleached,” and “there will be millions of climate refugees.”

Another protester, Stephen Leas, said without congressional action there will be “Old Testament-level natural disasters.”

Exctintion Rebellion wrote in its website: “This evening, July 23, we are significantly disrupting business-as-usual to force Congress to take the climate emergency seriously. The power of the people of the world, rising up in unison to shake off the broken systems that are leading us to destruction, is the only thing that can save us from climate catastrophe.”

Kaela Bamberger, media coordinator for Extinction Rebellion, said the protest was to encourage Congress to find that there is a climate emergency requiring “a massive-scale mobilization.”

What is wrong with you people?
Congress
Climate change protesters glue themselves together in tunnel to Capitol
17 arrested as votes go ahead as scheduled with House members finding other routes to chamber
Police block access from the Cannon House Office Building to the Capitol after protesters seeking congressional action on climate change glued themselves to a door Tuesday night, but House members found other routes to the chamber. (Doug Sword/CQ Roll Call)

Chris Marquette
Posted Jul 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Demonstrators seeking to get Congress to declare a climate emergency superglued their hands to each other and blocked entrances to the Capitol from House office buildings Tuesday to disrupt scheduled votes.

The protesters from the group Extinction Rebellion formed human blockades in the tunnels to the Capitol from Rayburn and Cannon House buildings, which along with the connected Longworth building are where members have their offices.

Will Flagle, one of the protesters, said if Congress doesn’t act on climate change “there’s going to be increased drought,” “coral systems will be bleached,” and “there will be millions of climate refugees.”

Another protester, Stephen Leas, said without congressional action there will be “Old Testament-level natural disasters.”

Exctintion Rebellion wrote in its website: “This evening, July 23, we are significantly disrupting business-as-usual to force Congress to take the climate emergency seriously. The power of the people of the world, rising up in unison to shake off the broken systems that are leading us to destruction, is the only thing that can save us from climate catastrophe.”

Kaela Bamberger, media coordinator for Extinction Rebellion, said the protest was to encourage Congress to find that there is a climate emergency requiring “a massive-scale mobilization.”
Where's the video?

Back