Climate and Weather

stg091718dAPR20180916054507.jpg

Duke Energy said Saturday night that heavy rains from Florence caused a slope to collapse at a coal ash landfill at a closed power station near the North Carolina coast.

Sheehan said the company had reported the incident to state and federal regulators "out of an abundance of caution."

Environmentalists have been warning for decades that Duke's coal ash ponds were vulnerable to severe storms and pose a threat to drinking water supplies and public safety.

"Unfortunately, Duke Energy has spent years lobbying and litigating and still has not removed the coal ash from its dangerous riverfront pits in the coastal area, some of which are in the floodplain," said Frank Holleman, a senior attorney at the Southern Environmental Law Center who has battled the company in court. "When a hurricane like Florence hits, we have to hope and pray that our communities do not suffer the consequences of years of irresponsible coal ash practices by the coal ash utilities."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...l-collapses-carolinas-052143866--finance.html

Watch out .....Rodent's hair is on fire.....

Yes, I believe in science, but not all scientists
SEPTEMBER 25, 2018
The Left makes a mockery of science.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/yes_i_believe_in_science_but_not_all_scientists.html
I dont "believe" in science.
What does that even mean?
Its not a religion. It shouldnt be.
Science is a series of methods that attempt to access certain truths.
I use science, and appreciate the tools it provides.
"Believing" in science is the antithesis of science.

This is cool.
Hydrogen makes more sense than billions of toxic batteries and endless strip mining.

There are experimental hydrogen-powered vehicles on work for several years. One line of development found that a very efficient way to transport the hydrogen to be used for fuel was to combine it with carbon into larger molecules that could then be carried as a liquid, with the hydrogen being split from the carbon just as it was needed for fuel cell combustion.

There are experimental hydrogen-powered vehicles on work for several years. One line of development found that a very efficient way to transport the hydrogen to be used for fuel was to combine it with carbon into larger molecules that could then be carried as a liquid, with the hydrogen being split from the carbon just as it was needed for fuel cell combustion.
This battery powered "feel good for saving the world" bullshit is a pipe dream.

Back