Cerritos Memorial Challenge Cup

You're still funny brah...Would you play if you had 9 healthy players? That was the predicament Vargas was in. It's SAD cuz you DON'T KNOW THE FACTS! Your comments are WAY off base and severely out of line.

The two ECNL teams in Man City both made one level of playoffs I believe and two of the three in Cerritos did not. Slammers being the exception as they one the Southwest League. Slammers will be great at Cerritos. I think it will be interesting to see how Vegas Heat and Scottsdale Blackhawks do at Man City. I think Blackhawks and Slammers both make it to the finals of their tournaments.

Well slammers was great before ECNL and they won this one, but looks like the comp in the league was not all that great for them. Tied a Europa flight scdsl team and squeezed out a win vs reserves in the semis.

Heat finished 2nd in there bracket and lost to oceanside a bottom of the bracket CSL premier team.

Blackhawks did a bit better but lost in PK's in the semis to a 9th place LA Galaxy SD team from SCDSL. Heard they were fortunate to get past Aztecs who was red carded and playing with 10 men.

The Pats reserve NPL team might have had the most Amount of goals but a partial academy team with 04's pretty much shut them down.

Tournaments are always different and league play is not always about winning but the us club soccer leagues like ecnl or NPL are not really making much difference for these teams it seems.

Again I defend our loss to Oceanside as a 3:30pm consolation the kids did not want to play in as they had a 5hr drive home after a tough loss to LAUFA that they needed to tie to advance. Not taking anything away from a team who was playing in their home town but it was not our best showing and we were flat. I think outcomes could be different in different circumstances.

You're still funny brah...Would you play if you had 9 healthy players? That was the predicament Vargas was in. It's SAD cuz you DON'T KNOW THE FACTS! Your comments are WAY off base and severely out of line.
Miguel. If it sounds like a duck walks like a duck. It probably is DUCK. Is funny how you hide behind this account to give your self credit.
And what happened with your 2002? To many injured players??
I just feel sorry for all those parents that are with you!! Waisting their money on someone with not much lock of coaching talent.
MENTIROSZO!! Hahahha

Congrats to Slammers ECNL and TFA!
Slammers Ecnl and TFA, 2 great teams. TFA with no strikers!
TFA is a hard one candy! They play well. But lots of long balls.
Not the same as last year when Geo was the coach.

Slammers Godinez and lafa was a good game. Lafa with 70% possession and was taken away a legit goal.
Why lafa didn’t play like that on NC final? They Dominated Slammers most of the game
Slammers played obsessively long balls.
Slammers is not the same from last year.
I’m think because of the ecnl lock of competition!?
I saw some lafa players with the DA logo on their Jerseys!
But lafa DA was in MC Surf!?
TFA need a good striker! And Slammers I think they need a better coach!
TFA had 2 players from Pats LA scv. Not at the same level of the rest of the players!

So. Recap!!
BEST 2003 teams? Everyone name 5?
#1 Slammers ecnl
#2 lafa reserves
#3 TFA
# 4 Santa Barbara
# 5 Rangers ✔️

Not for nothing but Slammers is 75-3-3 in the last 22 months.

Ok haters…Go…

This should be fun!!!

That's can be fun but unfounate in a way that better comp wasn't found, players pushed up, team playing up in a tournament, etc.

Some will say opportunities can be wasted by not taking on additional challenges.

Style aside you have to wonder if this is a "one" off team ? where a org has focused resources & players toward one team kind of starving off the other team's?

Normally when you see a club do well across a age group with multiple teams or at mutiple tournament for example you know the program is producing and doing well.

I’m surprised you didn’t forfeit your last game at Cerritos Memorial.
Let me guess? Walter warned you? Hahhaha. Yeah heard most team complained with Walter about you!
We all know you’re a loser that would forfeit!
So did Vargas cut your kid bro? You sound like an angry little fella. Get over it

So. Recap!!
BEST 2003 teams? Everyone name 5?
#1 Slammers ecnl
#2 lafa reserves
#3 TFA
# 4 Santa Barbara
# 5 Rangers ✔️

You have to give kudos to Slammers and most of these teams. They have been consistently ranking high over the past few years. Even Rangers with all of their Jimmy Obledo issues has recovered well and are back on top.

Regarding parents that start spewing hate to other teams on this site. Suck it!!!! Grow up and get a life.

So did Vargas cut your kid bro? You sound like an angry little fella. Get over it
Nope. I went to a different club.
I can show you all the txts miguel send me begin for me to come back!
No point tho. No coaching skills.
Wasted one whole year with him, you his little b$&@? I didn't know his wife was on here!

You have to give kudos to Slammers and most of these teams. They have been consistently ranking high over the past few years. Even Rangers with all of their Jimmy Obledo issues has recovered well and are back on top.

Regarding parents that start spewing hate to other teams on this site. Suck it!!!! Grow up and get a life.
Slammers ecnl is a good team. I think playing ecnl past season wasn't a good idea tho. My own opinion!

Nope. I went to a different club.
I can show you all the txts miguel send me begin for me to come back!
No point tho. No coaching skills.
Wasted one whole year with him, you his little b$&@? I didn't know his wife was on here!
So you made a crappy decision.....get over it. I could care less about your text messages tough guy and I have no affiliation (Sorry - you will need to look up that word) with Vargas. When you move to another club, for whatever reason, there is no need to come in here an talk shit.

Shame on a parent bad mouthing a coach he picked to coach his kid for a year. What does that say about you as a evaluator?

Slammers ECNL spread their starters between Reseves and ECNL for Cerritos. Still went and won the tournament. They have playoffs and neededed everyone to get minutes from what I heard. The game they tied was a late afternoon game dressed 12 players.

They long balled LAUFA because their coach new that Laufa couldn’t break them down. 1-0. Arahletes were athletes. And experience wins.

Seems like everyone on here knows a lot about nothing. ECNL B03 coach can’t coach. Yet he just won national cup with the B05 lol

75-3-3 for a guy that can’t coach. And a National Cup win. Yeah ok!

Shame on a parent bad mouthing a coach he picked to coach his kid for a year. What does that say about you as a evaluator?

Slammers ECNL spread their starters between Reseves and ECNL for Cerritos. Still went and won the tournament. They have playoffs and neededed everyone to get minutes from what I heard. The game they tied was a late afternoon game dressed 12 players.

They long balled LAUFA because their coach new that Laufa couldn’t break them down. 1-0. Arahletes were athletes. And experience wins.

Seems like everyone on here knows a lot about nothing. ECNL B03 coach can’t coach. Yet he just won national cup with the B05 lol

75-3-3 for a guy that can’t coach. And a National Cup win. Yeah ok!
NEWSFLASH!!! Slammer's Vargas Beats TFA (National Cup Winners) 2 to 1 this afternoon in a friendly match... Word on the street is a few of the haters on this Forum may have been in attendance.

Last edited:
NEWSFLASH!!! Slammer's Vargas Beats TFA (National Cup Winners) 2 to 1 this afternoon in a friendly match... Word on the street is a few of the haters on this Forum may have been in attendance.
The word in the street is tfa had most of the starting players where on the bench do of injury’s and are getting ready to fly out to Hawaii this weekend so divided to try out new kids trying out for the team even including a new golie second half , “word in the streets “ is vargas recruited new players again like typical slammers team recruit not develope ! But still no soccer at all couldn’t connect two passes together “word on the street and tfa holding mid was also absent on vacation . Word on the street

Back