Cerritos Memorial Challenge Cup

What is happening with the B03 Slammer teams? I saw that the Vargas team had all their 2nd round games forfeited for National Cup, so I'm very curious as to what happened.

Forfeit your last game results in all 3 in NC

Cerritos normally has a bunch of out of area teams, some of the ECNL clubs are playing man cup, should be interesting what local teams enter. Some of he other tournaments like Dallas, Man City, seem to be drawing better at the top, international levels but should be good comp nevertheless w/ lots of teams.

What is happening with the B03 Slammer teams? I saw that the Vargas team had all their 2nd round games forfeited for National Cup, so I'm very curious as to what happened.

The ECNL team is and continues to be one of the top teams in the nation. They have added more difference makes to a very strong roster.

Not sure what happened to Vargas but as said on another thread many of the boys have been at other CDA 03 practices.

The Reserve team was forced to fire their coach after National League due to the coaches difficultly dealing with the draws of sin city on multiple occations. Surprisingly several of the families decided to go to Beaches ECNL when they hired the fired coach there. They left 3 days prior to the National Cup roster freeze.

The reserves were able to avoid forfeiture by roster some of the boys from the other CDA teams (leaving the others thin for N cup) and rostering a few kids from Xplosion that split after Coast league play was over. Combine that with the kids that honored their contracts and stayed they could field a team to finish out CRL and N cup. They struggled with only a week or two of practice together.

The other teams are fine with the usually adds and departures you typically see following a season or soccer.

Fullerton Rangers B03 SYL (White) will be attending Cerritos, good luck to everyone that will be attending.

Looks like some nice local competition including ECNL teams. Guess they are eligible to play now that the ECNL season is over....

Last edited:
Looks like some nice local competition including ECNL teams. Guess they are eligible to play now that the ECNL season is over....

ECNL regular season is winding down but there still are the playoffs & showcases. Post season playoffs are June 21-26, finals in July.

There two other ECNL teams in this one and 3 or so going to Man City so going to be interesting to see how they match up vs teams that played in different leagues.

ECNL regular season is winding down but there still are the playoffs & showcases. Post season playoffs are June 21-26, finals in July.

There two other ECNL teams in this one and 3 or so going to Man City so going to be interesting to see how they match up vs teams that played in different leagues.
What will be interesting to see is how the non-ECNL teams will faire vs the ECNL teams. Most of the ECNL teams would be in the middle of the pack in the Coast Premier League and/or Tier 1 in the SCDSL.

Last edited:
The two ECNL teams in Man City both made one level of playoffs I believe and two of the three in Cerritos did not. Slammers being the exception as they one the Southwest League. Slammers will be great at Cerritos. I think it will be interesting to see how Vegas Heat and Scottsdale Blackhawks do at Man City. I think Blackhawks and Slammers both make it to the finals of their tournaments.

After the first day, what’s are the results looking like? At the Slammers looking great like they predicted? ECNL’s, are they dominating Like they predicted?

Who will be the Final 4?????

Is that Pats LA from Nationals? Lol

And lol@ Arsenal Academy 2, Arsenal FC and the rest of the gimmick of a club. DA my ass these fools are straight up gangsters robbing these poor gullible parents.

Revolted. Really?? You giving credit to Vargas team like they’re the crap of the cream! It’s obvious that your kid plays there or is you M. Vargas who owns this account!!
2 injuried kids doesn’t make the difference.
They lost against SMU F3. 3 to 1. I watched that game.
VARGAS team is the worse of all Slammers team. No system what so ever!
And Rangers played with the bench doe to that he was already in for 4thr finals!
Let’s just be honest.
SLAMMERS BOyS TEAMS ARE SUFFERING FROM LACK OF COACHING!

Lol you're funny ... 'crap of the cream'??... That's a new one .. Lol.....
tbh Vargas is one of the best Coaches out there at this age group. They've played all the top teams over the past couple weeks with a depleted roster and still hang close to the best-of-the-best. Mark my words (Mr. Rangers guy) Vargas is the team to keep an eye on ... I heard Vargas beat your chippy team twice when they were healthy in the last couple months at your field ... It's a shame how easily you forget.

Last edited:
Okay! So you’re Vargas:). Lol. You’re a joke as a coach.
Every day practice is the same! Set of cones run around and scrimmage with the 2002’s. Lol
DUDE!! Santa Monica United B03 Silver slaughter you 3 to 1 . What’s the greatest of you!!
I admitted. You have a few good players. But they’re stoked there. They haven’t developed at all. Look at the rest of the teams development!
Even Slammers HB Reserves play better than you guys!!

2 players do not make the difference if you have a good team!!
you should just stop coaching!! You’re horrible!!
And a loser!! Only a loser would forfeit games!!
You fortified your last NC game because you’re a loser!!

I’m surprised you didn’t forfeit your last game at Cerritos Memorial.
Let me guess? Walter warned you? Hahhaha. Yeah heard most team complained with Walter about you!
We all know you’re a loser that would forfeit!

Back