Cancel games 10/12 & 10/13

justified

SILVER ELITE
Do the right thing. The games in the Valley are going to be cancelled anyway. You don't wanna be sitting in traffic on the 405 with smoke everywhere just to get your kid to a game. Let the firefighters do their job. The leagues need to do the right thing this weekend.

Do the right thing. The games in the Valley are going to be cancelled anyway. You don't wanna be sitting in traffic on the 405 with smoke everywhere just to get your kid to a game. Let the firefighters do their job. The leagues need to do the right thing this weekend.

All games?

All games?
Unless the league can re-schedule a game or put it at the end of season so everyone gets credit for an equal number of games, which as we know most leagues can't change venues or do re-schedules. Teams come from the Valley all the time to play where there's no fire danger. Why should they be penalized with a cancelled game and everyone else in their bracket plays?

Unless the league can re-schedule a game or put it at the end of season so everyone gets credit for an equal number of games, which as we know most leagues can't change venues or do re-schedules. Teams come from the Valley all the time to play where there's no fire danger. Why should they be penalized with a cancelled game and everyone else in their bracket plays?

We went through this on 2003 and 2007 i San Diego County, when a whole weekend of Presidio League games was just cancelled, but that was confined to SD County where the smoke and closed roads affected pretty much everyone.

I don't know what you mean by "penalized".

We went through this on 2003 and 2007 i San Diego County, when a whole weekend of Presidio League games was just cancelled, but that was confined to SD County where the smoke and closed roads affected pretty much everyone.

I don't know what you mean by "penalized".
I remember, and not looking like that disaster today. Penalized means a team from the Valley is in a bracket and trying for a playoff spot and the game is cancelled, they won't have an equal number of games and may not quality. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things but parents lose it. Point is, there are evacuations going on and bad conditions, makes it worse for all involved. Why put kids at risk?

I remember, and not looking like that disaster today. Penalized means a team from the Valley is in a bracket and trying for a playoff spot and the game is cancelled, they won't have an equal number of games and may not quality. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things but parents lose it. Point is, there are evacuations going on and bad conditions, makes it worse for all involved. Why put kids at risk?

So you want to cancel games in Orange County just to be fair?

We are supposed to play in Santa Clarita Sunday at 1 PM. The team we are supposed to play also has a game Saturday at home as well. Don't think either game will get played. Best to cancel games that need cancelling, but play the games that can be played. Try their best to makeup games later.

I am always amazed by the number of coward parents out there that always seem to want everyone else to bend to their beliefs. Look, if it's raining, snowing, too hot, too cold OR there happens to be a fire and you don't feel your kid should have to play, have the guts and the decency to just stay home and live our your beliefs.

Reality, is that you will cry that it is wrong, unfair or dangerous for the kids, but you will do it if everyone else is doing it. If you want to stay home, stay home!

I am always amazed by the number of coward parents out there that always seem to want everyone else to bend to their beliefs. Look, if it's raining, snowing, too hot, too cold OR there happens to be a fire and you don't feel your kid should have to play, have the guts and the decency to just stay home and live our your beliefs.

Reality, is that you will cry that it is wrong, unfair or dangerous for the kids, but you will do it if everyone else is doing it. If you want to stay home, stay home!
Currently 10 fires burning in Southern California. Good luck in the inferno.

If you go to SCDSL's site, you can see their standings are based on average points/game. So teams do not get penalized for having fewer games.

Are people really that worried about points/standings that you’d want your kid to play in air quality around a fire? Or that you’d want a team to travel to play that might drive home from the game to find their house has burned down?

It sounds like you are more worried about your kids bracket and standings. If you are worried about your kid, stay home. Let the other games away from the fires continue on.

It sounds like you are more worried about your kids bracket and standings. If you are worried about your kid, stay home. Let the other games away from the fires continue on.
Ha, funny. Not even close, don't care, doesn't apply. Got caught in the inferno by Getty Center a few years back from a game and can't believe it had come to that. Had games cancelled last minute over the years after driving forever due to hazardous conditions. Seen kids get sick and complain of headaches and sickness. If as above the league can make it fair and not have parents lose it and risk their kids safety to play a game, which parents do because they're told to, I'm good. All the signs of years past are happening right now with conditions getting worse and new fires starting. And your logic is dead wrong. A team is made worse when one kid doesn't show, especially when you need more players in poor conditions. Not showing up is not an option. We (as in all of us parents) don't teach our kids that.

Its all created from a pay to play system. Parents run the show now with $$$$

Ha, funny. Not even close, don't care, doesn't apply. Got caught in the inferno by Getty Center a few years back from a game and can't believe it had come to that. Had games cancelled last minute over the years after driving forever due to hazardous conditions. Seen kids get sick and complain of headaches and sickness. If as above the league can make it fair and not have parents lose it and risk their kids safety to play a game, which parents do because they're told to, I'm good. All the signs of years past are happening right now with conditions getting worse and new fires starting. And your logic is dead wrong. A team is made worse when one kid doesn't show, especially when you need more players in poor conditions. Not showing up is not an option. We (as in all of us parents) don't teach our kids that.

Not showing up is always an option.

Not showing up is always an option.
Justified just doesn't want it to effect his bracket and standings. Nothing about the health of the kid or else it wouldn't even be a question. Skip the game close to the fire. discussion over.

Justified just doesn't want it to effect his bracket and standings. Nothing about the health of the kid or else it wouldn't even be a question. Skip the game close to the fire. discussion over.
If you are going to skip a game, please inform the coach, team manager. If possible, inform the team.

Up in NorCal, we lost 2 weeks of practices and games to the Camp Fire. It wasn’t totally consistent, either. Some teams lost more games, some lost fewer. The north teams missed more practices than further south teams.

It’s not a big deal. Certainly not worth putting pressure on people to play in air that will make them sick. Just ignore the standings for a week, get a good air cleaner, and hope it clears.

Back