Anyone had experience with club challenging MLS Next transfer?

Long story short. Club was in a bit of upheaval and let me son trial at other clubs. Got an offer at a much better club and a better opportunity at playing time. (He's a keeper and the offer is for less platooning). Now current club is wavering at releasing him. Anyone dealt with this before? Any recommendations?

Long story short. Club was in a bit of upheaval and let me son trial at other clubs. Got an offer at a much better club and a better opportunity at playing time. (He's a keeper and the offer is for less platooning). Now current club is wavering at releasing him. Anyone dealt with this before? Any recommendations?
We had a similar situation in the DA days. It was finally resolved by a call from the new club director to the previous club director.

I did back in the day, but not MLS. Raise Cain Joe. These are just kids, my gosh. They slow walk everything in hopes you miss the deadline or just try and ignore you. I had to make a few calls to the Docs and tell one lying Doc that he better release or else. I got her released and she was able to win a Natty that year :)

Back