Anybody Planning on trying out for Strikers Irvine This Saturday?

StrikerOC

SILVER ELITE
The 2008 team is one of the strongest teams in Socal (entire west coast) at this age group and have a DA program. I am curious what the quality of turnout will be given that DA might not begin until U-14 now.

I'm curious to see if the high quality players flock to local clubs with DA status and stay there for the U-14 DA?

Last year the turnout was large for their 08 tryouts. They had just finished up State Cup as runner-up in Presidents division and that brought out lots of quality players. You bring up a good point about the possibility of DA not starting until U14. This means the 07 Flight 1 group will get some if not most of the talent back from DA if that happens.

Last year the turnout was large for their 08 tryouts. They had just finished up State Cup as runner-up in Presidents division and that brought out lots of quality players. You bring up a good point about the possibility of DA not starting until U14. This means the 07 Flight 1 group will get some if not most of the talent back from DA if that happens.
They have two flight 1 teams now. The team that finished runner up (the pre academy team) played up ('07 flight 1) this year and did well. That team will continue playing up until U-14 and they will also have a regular '08 flight 1 team.

I am curious to see if any kids show up that can make the roster for the Pre Academy, maybe some of the LA Galaxy players that aren't going to be on the U-12 academy might show up. This is one of the few '08 teams that has an interesting tryout coming up because of there academy status.

Back