Academy season

I heard this wasn't happening last Friday as I directly asked

Dear Academy Club,

The U.S. Soccer Development Academy is focused on individual player development within the Academy Clubs. Our staff believes that boys players mature and develop on different timelines and want to provide these players with the appropriate individual player-specific training and playing environments. Therefore, an age exception will be made for a maximum of four late maturing boys players (no more than two each, per identified age group). This applies to both the boys U-15 (2003) and U-16 (2002) age groups to allow those players to play games with the age group one year younger than their birth year to enhance their long-term soccer development. Each club will be responsible for identifying up to two players each at the U-15 and U-16 age groups during the preseason, informing the Development Academy of these late maturing players.

For example, in the 2017-18 season:

• 2 players born in 2002 (U-16) may be eligible to play with 2003 (U-15 age group) birth year; and
  • 2 players born in 2003 (U-15) may be eligible to play with 2004 (U-14 age group) birth year

What is a late maturing player?

All boys go through physical development at different times and rates despite sharing the same birth year. These development stages are often defined as early, on-time or late maturing. A late maturing player is someone who has a delayed growth in size, shape and muscle compared to the normal expectations within their birth year.

What are the characteristics of a late maturing player?

• Smaller in childhood & adolescence, enter puberty at about 13-14 years old (early maturing players enter puberty at 10-11)
  • Slower gains in height, weight, absolute/relative muscle mass during puberty
  • Higher rates of anxiousness, socially awkward, submissive and immature in behavior

Why is it important to identify and support late maturing players in soccer?

Late maturing boys players can often be overlooked in soccer and other sports because they may struggle physically to compete within their age group. Due to late maturing players being smaller in size and having less muscle mass, they are often physically less impressive than other players within youth sports. However, these players may be potentially your best players and thus we want to ensure the environment allows them to thrive and develop without being suppressed by early maturing, big and strong players. It is proven that once all players reach adulthood, all physical advantage or disadvantage from maturity are removed.

Dear Academy Club,

The U.S. Soccer Development Academy is focused on individual player development within the Academy Clubs. Our staff believes that boys players mature and develop on different timelines and want to provide these players with the appropriate individual player-specific training and playing environments. Therefore, an age exception will be made for a maximum of four late maturing boys players (no more than two each, per identified age group). This applies to both the boys U-15 (2003) and U-16 (2002) age groups to allow those players to play games with the age group one year younger than their birth year to enhance their long-term soccer development. Each club will be responsible for identifying up to two players each at the U-15 and U-16 age groups during the preseason, informing the Development Academy of these late maturing players.

• 2 players born in 2002 (U-16) may be eligible to play with 2003 (U-15 age group) birth year; and
  • 2 players born in 2003 (U-15) may be eligible to play with 2004 (U-14 age group) birth year

All boys go through physical development at different times and rates despite sharing the same birth year. These development stages are often defined as early, on-time or late maturing. A late maturing player is someone who has a delayed growth in size, shape and muscle compared to the normal expectations within their birth year.

• Smaller in childhood & adolescence, enter puberty at about 13-14 years old (early maturing players enter puberty at 10-11)
  • Higher rates of anxiousness, socially awkward, submissive and immature in behavior

Late maturing boys players can often be overlooked in soccer and other sports because they may struggle physically to compete within their age group. Due to late maturing players being smaller in size and having less muscle mass, they are often physically less impressive than other players within youth sports. However, these players may be potentially your best players and thus we want to ensure the environment allows them to thrive and develop without being suppressed by early maturing, big and strong players. It is proven that once all players reach adulthood, all physical advantage or disadvantage from maturity are removed.
Thanks !

I'm pretty sure every ACADEMY teams have 1 or 2 top notch players who can play on any ACADEMY teams out there's, is not the galaxy alone have top notch players, and yes that LAUFA 03 player is a good player I like him a lot, dammit too much hear say An hear say, leave people child's alone let's their survive,

Dear Academy Club,

US Soccer finally did something smart in relation to combating the relative age effect. Color me surprised and impressed.

Now we just have to hope the DA club's use this rule properly and don't abuse it.

Do you have a link where this is posted officially?

US Soccer finally did something smart in relation to combating the relative age effect. Color me surprised and impressed.

Now we just have to hope the DA club's use this rule properly and don't abuse it.

Do you have a link where this is posted officially?

No, it's was sent to DA clubs Admins.

Is Galaxy keeping 3 2003 keepers for next season?

Not sure but the 2nd keeper last year went to Real So Cal so only 2 where training with them last I heard.

Which 16-17 teams will have the most amount(s) of roster changes? Surf, Albion, Real So Cal, ...?

Coaching changes at Pat's, LAUFA, ...?

Not sure but the 2nd keeper last year went to Real So Cal so only 2 where training with them last I heard.

Which 16-17 teams will have the most amount(s) of roster changes? Surf, Albion, Real So Cal, ...?

Coaching changes at Pat's, LAUFA, ...?

LAUFA’s new coach is very good, very dedicated and energetic.

Interesting to see GSA play in an non academy tournament, Murrieta Surf. I thought they weren't allowed to do that. They played up with'02s

Interesting to see GSA play in an non academy tournament, Murrieta Surf. I thought they weren't allowed to do that. They played up with'02s

Pre-season but normally ok'd if the the team is playing up in a tournament that doesn't have da bracket's as long as you let ussda know beforehand. Murrieta Surf is a odd choice but they might be sometime about what cards are taken or how they run the tournament that made it suitable?

I'm pretty sure every ACADEMY teams have 1 or 2 top notch players who can play on any ACADEMY teams out there's, is not the galaxy alone have top notch players, and yes that LAUFA 03 player is a good player I like him a lot, dammit too much hear say An hear say, leave people child's alone let's their survive,
Lulz what's your son's name, Spuggy?

You still hurt and speaking ill on Galaxy? Yea around this age size and speed is not much of a factor, technical skills are. Your bad.

Rosters are due in thrusday and some teams are still scrambling to fiqure out the 16 min 20 max I've heard.

My Galaxy friends tell me the have more than two teams worth of player's thats been practicing with them, about 28 different ones. Nobody knows who's going to make the game day roster of 18 yet but when only 11 start and another 3 or so subs that's about 14 players not playing that week. Why they are holding on to that many? or why do parents not see the bigger picture? Kids want to play in games regularly.

Reactions: JJP
Rosters are due in thrusday and some teams are still scrambling to fiqure out the 16 min 20 max I've heard.

My Galaxy friends tell me the have more than two teams worth of player's thats been practicing with them, about 28 different ones. Nobody knows who's going to make the game day roster of 18 yet but when only 11 start and another 3 or so subs that's about 14 players not playing that week. Why they are holding on to that many? or why do parents not see the bigger picture? Kids want to play in games regularly.
Why they are holding on to that many?
Because they can. And if you can poach an impact player or two from another club, regardless of whether you can use him or not, the better. Then you can say the reason we suck is because there's no good competition in our league.

or why do parents not see the bigger picture?
Because the jersey acts like a kind of roofie on soccer parents. Makes for way better FB posts and selfies while living the dream. When they wake up you won't hear about that publicly.

Kids want to play in games regularly.
They do. But at this age they're not the ones driving the car.

LUAFA is a great little team. Nice to see their improvement each time I see them. Perhaps a changing of the guard? I never like to judge USSDA clubs by one team. Strikers is a good example. Strong at the youngers, but gradually declines as they age. That's a failing strategy and parents should look at their entire program before settling on a club. GS and Galaxy will always be more consistent and should be the top choice for talent.

With that said, parents looking for the best team are doing a disservice to their child. Pulisic is a good example of long road traveled on a decent team, keeping their son with more touches and confidence.

Ego, ego, ego...

More than two teams worth? I'm just gonna say it. Galaxy are a bunch of greedy fuckers that's hogging talent and killing the development of the academy league. Those kids are going to beat up on each other and kill themselves for slivers of playing time when it's obvious that Galaxy just give a shit about 2 or 3 players, at most, per age group. Galaxy are killing development for the rest of those players by completely taking all the fun out of the game.

And what is Galaxy hogging the talent for? They have the shittiest development record in the MLS. They're the premier academy in the most talent rich region of America and their only academy product worth anything is Gyasi Zardes, and he relies on his athletic ability, not on skills that were supposed to be developed in academy.

Even now, when Galaxy sucks, they are trying to buy washed up European league superstars instead of playing homegrown.

I hope LAFC follows a different model.

More than two teams worth? I'm just gonna say it. Galaxy are a bunch of greedy fuckers that's hogging talent and killing the development of the academy league. Those kids are going to beat up on each other and kill themselves for slivers of playing time when it's obvious that Galaxy just give a shit about 2 or 3 players, at most, per age group. Galaxy are killing development for the rest of those players by completely taking all the fun out of the game.

And what is Galaxy hogging the talent for? They have the shittiest development record in the MLS. They're the premier academy in the most talent rich region of America and their only academy product worth anything is Gyasi Zardes, and he relies on his athletic ability, not on skills that were supposed to be developed in academy.

Even now, when Galaxy sucks, they are trying to buy washed up European league superstars instead of playing homegrown.

I hope LAFC follows a different model.

Yup pretty much.

Galaxy academy has some good players and coaches but they under achieve big time and ever season the seem to fade & get beaten by the smallest clubs around I recall.

For all the resouces they have and the 4 million they have been spending annual they have little to show for it. Galaxy II is bottom 13 out 15 and the first team is no better dispute being the richest club around. Zardes has a donkey touch and finally scored his first goal in over a year that was going in anyway. All the other homegrown's are no where to be found.

Wonder how long the parent company is going continue to support the current staff when they can't get the results in any of the areas all the way down the line.

U15 da only allows 5 subs so 2 out of 18 max don't play. 3 not roster'ed each week and another 5-6 are not even on the roster. Parents still put up with it until kids basically burn out and beg off when the realize there not playing much at all after a couple months. Rinse and repeat with the next batch of cleats at the transfer points.

Galaxy is basically afraid to let players go so they string them along as long as they can get away with it since they don't want real competition. Not about development for more than a few players only the W's and boasting all over social Media about how many points this weekend.

Wake up parents don't waste your kids love of the game for nothing but a pipe dream while they ride the pine and basically don't play most of the season, get out before it's too late.

Good example of what's going on with LAG academy.

Spend $$ to send there 16/17 team to play in the Torneo Sub INTERNACIONAL tournament in Mexico couple weeks ago.

Get on Twitter and start to boast
https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyAcademy/status/898946284819697664

"Lalo Blancos makes it 3-1 on a pk and the 16s beat @ATLUTD 3-1. They currently sit on top of the MLS group with 6 points. 3 games to go!"

Faded out and finish 3rd in their group
http://subinternacional.ligamx.net/

Chirps on there Twitter, no updates unless they are doing well. Typical bandwagon propaganda no mention of development anywhere only boasts when they win a couple of games but ended up losing 4 without mention.

Surf does the same thing but instead they use Goal Nation to act like its news. Now suddenly promoting Barca Academy because her son is there. You have to be careful of what is on the internet anyway but things like Goal Nation are the worst because the club is manipulating the outflow.

Back