If reading Huskers posts are going to continue to freak him out... then perhaps the ignore button isn't such a bad idea? Not only would not having to listen to the belly aching make it more fun for the rest of us- but I kind of think Lion might also have more fun and feel less stressed.
Did that hint help you? Let's see if you're as smart as you think you are. Somehow I doubt it...

All these guys (can I post that? Is it PC?) are way too smart for us, or so they claim. They run around putting people on ignore and claim that they are all about being inclusive. They try to make themselves feel better by claiming posters have multiple screen names and yet are silent when one of their own boys is outed for having three. They have the forum liar as their Dad- E and still haven't gotten over the last Presidential Election... Lol!!
They’re a little thin skinned. Kleenex thin.

Yeah... well "we" probably should.
And I don't think you're a hick either. Like even when you lose and argument and get all huffy and get the sarcastic hillbilly thing going... for me it's never that funny, because you clearly aren't that.
Hillbillies and hicks are two different things.
Espola is a (self admitted) hick.
Hillbillies have a renegade spirit.

I think there is a large overlap. Here is a picture of my uncle about 1946 or so. Behind him is the entire town of North Fayston, Vt, except for my grandparents' house just out of frame to the right and the schoolhouse/town meeting house behind the photographer. Careful observers will note the lack of power lines and the presence of horse hoof prints in the road. Hillbilly enough?

20246011_1506252522768888_6766824315414951063_n.jpg

I think there is a large overlap. Here is a picture of my uncle about 1946 or so. Behind him is the entire town of North Fayston, Vt, except for my grandparents' house just out of frame to the right and the schoolhouse/town meeting house behind the photographer. Careful observers will note the lack of power lines and the presence of horse hoof prints in the road. Hillbilly enough?

You're a hick.
I agree.

I dont know your uncle and to be honest, I could give a shit.

In my mind I would define a hick as a somewhat disparaging nickname for someone who lives in a rural area outside the city. Though while intentionally not living in an urban area, likely most of their money is generated working with people or businesses that do.

Whereas a hillybilly would more be people with one foot off the grid. Might make a couple of Costco runs a year and probably has their children at the hospital. But much more isolated than a hick.

So by those definitions you are most certainly a hick...

In my mind I would define a hick as a somewhat disparaging nickname for someone who lives in a rural area outside the city. Though while intentionally not living in an urban area, likely most of their money is generated working with people or businesses that do.

Whereas a hillybilly would more be people with one foot off the grid. Might make a couple of Costco runs a year and probably has their children at the hospital. But much more isolated than a hick.

So by those definitions you are most certainly a hick...
Thank's for the info.
I'll burn it in the back yard with the rest of the garbage.

They’re a little thin skinned. Kleenex thin.

I'm not thin skinned in the least. It just my opinion that some posters and I don't jive. So much so in fact, that I enjoy the place more without them here. The ignore feature makes it so. Don't want to get put on ignore, then make sure you stay interesting and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Not sure how anyone can be upset about that.

Now this is hillbilly. Everyone always thinks of mountain people as only living in the south. But there are old families out there up into Canada that still don't have electricity to this day.

Now this is hillbilly. Everyone always thinks of mountain people as only living in the south. But there are old families out there up into Canada that still don't have electricity to this day.
It looks like a nice wagon.
Probably top of the line Sears-Roebuck Mail order.
Nice duds too.

I'm not thin skinned in the least. It just my opinion that some posters and I don't jive. So much so in fact, that I enjoy the place more without them here. The ignore feature makes it so. Don't want to get put on ignore, then make sure you stay interesting and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Sounds a lot like a snowflake to me.

How's the detective work going @tenacious ? Was the clue I gave you enough?

You know, come to think of it, you're sounding more and more like your old man E...

I didn't mention that when the houses visible in this picture all got indoor toilets more or less at the same time (not sure when but within my father's lifetime, so after 1925) they had to have a place to dump the resulting sewage, and the obvious place was the existing drainage ditches alongside the roads. In the case of the part of North Fayston depicted, the ditch runs down the road right behind my uncle's hat, then into a culvert under the road which carries it down to Schoolhouse Brook just below the schoolhouse. Now that's so hillbilly that it's no longer legal. There was enough natural water flow just keeping the road more or less dry that the occasional output of half a dozen houses was usually not noticeable.

Don't apologize for having nice things.
I sure as hell wont.

I got the picture of the red and black hat from the L L Bean catalog. They want $40 - more than I have ever paid for a hat in my life (even my kids' ski helmets were cheaper - but that was a long time ago) so I guess that counts as a "nice thing".

I got the picture of the red and black hat from the L L Bean catalog. They want $40 - more than I have ever paid for a hat in my life (even my kids' ski helmets were cheaper - but that was a long time ago) so I guess that counts as a "nice thing".
Even hicks can have stuff.
Stand up tall and own it.

So you enjoy an echo chamber?

Back