2019 Far West Regionals in Boise

Easy there tiger...

I actually think it's not so much that Legends has fallen off as it is that Albion has progressed. Their coach has done a nice job teaching them a possession game that they execute well with a strong midfield duo.

I've always admired the style Albion plays. Legends not so much, but they always seemed to muscle through before regardless of who played the better game. I agree your midfield duo is unreal. Hope you bring home the National Championship. We are working on getting ours this weekend.

My girl is with LAG. Good luck this week, you should add your name to the roll call if you're willing.

Legends used to handle Albion with no problem. Looks like the loss of their top forward is hurting them. Also their "defender" is going to start having to actually play soccer now, the ref's arent gonna let her get away with all that sh*t she does. Congrats Albion!!
I don’t have a dog in the fight but we have played both teams many times. Have never seen the “defender” you speak of do anything dirty or illegal. I do believe that at this age “bigger, stronger, faster” sometimes plays against the kids (boy or girl) that display those attributes. My DD fits that description and offers times is accused of wrong doing when it’s simply her size or strength. I’ve seen it in soccer and basketball.

Easy there tiger...

I actually think it's not so much that Legends has fallen off as it is that Albion has progressed. Their coach has done a nice job teaching them a possession game that they execute well with a strong midfield duo.

You've hit the nail on the head, the development of many teams / players is starting to come to fruition and now the playing field starts to level off in terms of speed and strength as girls get older and that becomes less of an advantage for teams / players that dominated at U-Little.

Next phase of evolution will more IQ building with tactics, set plays, etc.

Best of luck to Albion!

Legends isn't going away by any means and will continue to be in the conversation.

You've hit the nail on the head, the development of many teams / players is starting to come to fruition and now the playing field starts to level off in terms of speed and strength as girls get older and that becomes less of an advantage for teams / players that dominated at U-Little.

Next phase of evolution will more IQ building with tactics, set plays, etc.

Best of luck to Albion!

Legends isn't going away by any means and will continue to be in the conversation.

Legends still have enough talent to beat 99% of teams out here, fast forwards or not.

Back