2018 Surf Cup Accepted Teams

Surf 06s play the best soccer in the age group. Congratulations to San Juan, it was a very tough opponent but I think we'll get them next time.
Sounds like a very, shall we say, unbiased opinion? Ok, maybe not. Regardless, there are a bunch of teams in this age group that play good soccer and can beat any team on a given day.

As much as I would love to jump in and argue the merits of this team vs. that one, I recognize its a trap! :)

But, ‘good soccer’ can mean any number of things. It can be interpreted as ‘who wins the most’ or ‘who plays the best possession’ or ‘who scores the most goals’ or even ‘who keeps the ball on the ground.’ Regardless, there are lots of different styles, technical capability, speed, intensity, etc... equations that are all coming to visibility at the 06 age group now that we are playing full size field. And, I have to say, ‘IT IS AWESOME!’ These young ladies are bringing it and, from a sideline homer Galaxy dads perspective, having fun doing it!

Surf plays a beautiful game (from my vantage point), but so do Galaxy, Albion, Legends, Blues (Ill never admit this and probably delete this post in the near future so there is no evidence), that damned CO Rapids team and so many others! At the end of the day, these young ladies in Cal South are advancing at a rapid pace and have a bright future as futbolers and good sportswomen!

Surf Cup 18 is over and it was great! Thanks Surf, or Surf Sports or whatever financial entity allows for maximum profit and parking fees! :)

As much as I would love to jump in and argue the merits of this team vs. that one, I recognize its a trap! :)

But, ‘good soccer’ can mean any number of things. It can be interpreted as ‘who wins the most’ or ‘who plays the best possession’ or ‘who scores the most goals’ or even ‘who keeps the ball on the ground.’ Regardless, there are lots of different styles, technical capability, speed, intensity, etc... equations that are all coming to visibility at the 06 age group now that we are playing full size field. And, I have to say, ‘IT IS AWESOME!’ These young ladies are bringing it and, from a sideline homer Galaxy dads perspective, having fun doing it!

Surf plays a beautiful game (from my vantage point), but so do Galaxy, Albion, Legends, Blues (Ill never admit this and probably delete this post in the near future so there is no evidence), that damned CO Rapids team and so many others! At the end of the day, these young ladies in Cal South are advancing at a rapid pace and have a bright future as futbolers and good sportswomen!

Surf Cup 18 is over and it was great! Thanks Surf, or Surf Sports or whatever financial entity allows for maximum profit and parking fees! :)

It’s sad that there’s so many changes going on with SurfCup every year!!! Fees, parking, bathroom and not once could they give back to the teams a gift for playing and supporting this venue! Not a shirt, nor a pin, not even a booklet to show something for rememberance that these awesome kids played in SurfCup! So much $$$involved in the 2 weeks that they have the tournament and not a thing back to the teams! Yet, they have to pay double to triple the price of gears in the store. It’s unbelievable especially when you have to fly in, stay at high prices hotels, car rentals and food!!! Hopefully next year there’s changes. Parking charge from Friday just to take team photos at the field blew my mind

It’s sad that there’s so many changes going on with SurfCup every year!!! Fees, parking, bathroom and not once could they give back to the teams a gift for playing and supporting this venue! Not a shirt, nor a pin, not even a booklet to show something for rememberance that these awesome kids played in SurfCup! So much $$$involved in the 2 weeks that they have the tournament and not a thing back to the teams! Yet, they have to pay double to triple the price of gears in the store. It’s unbelievable especially when you have to fly in, stay at high prices hotels, car rentals and food!!! Hopefully next year there’s changes. Parking charge from Friday just to take team photos at the field blew my mind
NOW JUST WAIT A MINUTE!!! What about the bag tags they gave out?!? Huh? Huh? Yeah, betcha don't think we got that omission. I'd say that was worth the price of admission alone! ;)

Last edited:
NOW JUST WAIT A MINUTE!!! What about the bag tags they gave out?!? Huh? Huh? Yeah, betcha don't think we got that omission. I'd day that was worth the price of admission alone! ;)

Bag Tags we didn’t seem to get any!!! Sad that they didn’t have enough!

Back