2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

BYU goes down to TCU 2-1.

Washington State up 1-0 halftime

Stanford up 1-0 halftime

Hofstra takes down Boston College 4-1. Not a typo.

We were at this one, Hofstra has some speedy youngsters that did BC in. One girl from PA and a couple of internationals, however if they get by next round they line up with Stanford.

I can easily see Penn State knocking offf South Carolina. Agree Wazu looks solid but that’s a long flight
I think the potential of a 3rd round game between UCLA and Santa Clara is very intriguing
Should be a fun weekend

Having watched quite a bit of SEC league games, I think the SEC was very balanced, but lacked the standout teams most power 5 conferences have. Therefore, I think both South Carolina and Tennessee possible upsets. The SEC this year is more a state of parity at a very high level, but lacks elite team(s). I would not hazard a guess on the Vandy/Baylor game, as I have not seen enough of Baylor. But that #2 seed seems optimistic.

So Hofstra gets stunned by Wisconsin, can’t say I’m bothered by this result.

So that game was moved to field turf? Yet will the Stanford v Ole Miss game be on the grass field?

If so seems like the Badgers will want the turf again in the next round - lol.

Stanford v Mississippi was on same turf field in Salinas, games were to be in Palo Alto but got moved due to smoke filled Bay Area

Sweet 16

UCLA v NC State
Stanford v Wisconsin
North Carolina v Virginia Tech
USC v Florida State
Virginia v Baylor
Georgetown v Duke
Texas A&M v Tennessee
Wake Forest v Penn State

8 great games, congrats to the teams that made it:)

PAC 12 down to their Big 3

Stanford racked with injuries to impact players, will be interesting to see what they can do as heat gets hotter

USC and UCLA are both humming along, looking very powerful.

Lotta ACC teams remain, should be quite a wild Sunday of games!

I was kind of hoping for a slightly more competitive game. Thanks NCAA for selecting the 11th place team in the ACC. UCLA may have been given the easiest path to the finals I’ve ever seen.

Back