2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I was surprised to see that The Daily Bruin has the UCLA coach calling out a player for poor defending on the game winning goal for WSU. Staring at an 0-2 hole and calling out players publicly doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

I was surprised to see that The Daily Bruin has the UCLA coach calling out a player for poor defending on the game winning goal for WSU. Staring at an 0-2 hole and calling out players publicly doesn't seem like a recipe for success.
Interesting although if you watch the play, there are actually two different defenders that got beat. One was playing too high and got caught flat footed and behind the attacker as the ball was played over the top. For what it’s worth, I happen to know that particular player is being asked to play out of position and wouldn’t normally be on the back line but still, no excuse.

Part two of that play and subsequent goal was a surprise but heck, nobody is perfect. The more concerning thing to me are the numerous chances UCLA had to score that were not converted. If one of those goes in, it’s a totally different ball game.

WSU speed up top could very well be dangerous for the other top teams they've yet to face in Pac-12 as well.

In fact, they could've/should've put in a second goal with a few minutes left that would've been a nail in the coffin, was a gimme on about the six, but was struck poorly.

The CBs on WSU aren't flashy but get it done.

I think UCLA should be fine, it's still fairly early in the season, and yes, had they converted earlier in the game things may have been different.

But that's part of soccer.

Certainly makes the games this weekend intriguing.

Fun stuff to watch for younger players.

Thursday:
1. Washington State v Oregon
2. Colorado v Arizona State
3. USC v CAL
4.Arizona v Utah
5.UCLA v Stanford
6.Oregon State v Washington

Kicking a man when he is down, not cool.
It isnt cool, and I would never do it.
MaP didnt pile on when Pepperdine started out 1 and 5 this year, but thats because us Pepperdine parents on the board have met him, and know him offline.
He brings a lot of the shit on himself, and Im sure he would accept that.
His little minion side kick nogoal was especially thoughtless and cruel.
He seems to have dished himself out of the discussion on his own.

What you throw out there tends to come back at you in life.
This goes for all of you people.

Let’s get back on topic. In the Pac-12 right now it’s looking like this:
1) Stanford
2) USC
3) UCLA
4) Washington state (I know they beat UCLA but they were not the better team)
5) Colorado (played a lot of non-conf patsys but let’s see)

* I’m pulling the rest out of my a$$ from this point forward

6) Arizona
7) Arizona state
8) Oregon (record looking better this year)
9) Washington
10) Cal
11) Utah
12) Oregon State

Back