2018-2019 SW ECNL Conference Discussion

No doubt slow. What are the final club names of the two AZ clubs joining ECNL for 2018-2019 season?

Quickly glanced at the u15 through u18/19 GDA age brackets and the conference leaders / playoffs. It's definitely a positive thing (for clubs that were just at or below average) that 8 or so of the elite clubs are vacating GDA and returning 'all-in' / new to ECNL. Some of the remaining GDA clubs will potentially get a bump up in the standings and the season will feel better with a few more wins that potentially will get them in the playoffs. Happened to the SW conference this season so it was a good thing for clubs that generally are relegated to the North American or Showcase of the ECNL post season.

Are these the only clubs or are there more that I missed:
Eclipse Select
Michigan Hawks
FC Stars of Mass
Concorde Fire
Seattle United (Reign)
Crossfire Premier
LAFC Slammers
Virginia Dev Academy

No doubt slow. What are the final club names of the two AZ clubs joining ECNL for 2018-2019 season?

Quickly glanced at the u15 through u18/19 GDA age brackets and the conference leaders / playoffs. It's definitely a positive thing (for clubs that were just at or below average) that 8 or so of the elite clubs are vacating GDA and returning 'all-in' / new to ECNL. Some of the remaining GDA clubs will potentially get a bump up in the standings and the season will feel better with a few more wins that potentially will get them in the playoffs. Happened to the SW conference this season so it was a good thing for clubs that generally are relegated to the North American or Showcase of the ECNL post season.

Are these the only clubs or are there more that I missed:
Eclipse Select
Michigan Hawks
FC Stars of Mass
Concorde Fire
Seattle United (Reign)
Crossfire Premier
LAFC Slammers
Virginia Dev Academy

Did Crossfire Premier drop DA too? Wow. Another big loss. I'm surprised Real Colorado hasn't jumped yet. HS soccer is huge in Colorado.

Did Crossfire Premier drop DA too? Wow. Another big loss. I'm surprised Real Colorado hasn't jumped yet. HS soccer is huge in Colorado.
I don't recall where I read CP dropped GDA or was at least strongly considering it....SoccerWire maybe? Can anyone confirm?

Isn't Seattle Reign still in DA? I thought Seattle United split off from their partnership with Seattle Reign and is returning to only ECNL but I thought Seattle Reign would stay DA??

The clubs are Blackhawks (now called Phoenix Rising) and AZ Arsenal.

Neither club will be as strong as Sereno in the ECNL last year.

Phx Rising could have been stronger this coming year but they refused to take girls who had left their club in years past when they didn't have ECNL.

Del Sol DA should.be the strongest teams followed by RSL DA. The 2 ECNL clubs will have teams very comprable to the two DPL clubs. There just does not seem to be enough girls. It seems both dpl and ecnl clubs will be weaker.vs the ecnl teams that just finished this year

Huge shock! Not.
Here is an example of some of that dilution.

One of the Sereno ECNL teams cut 10 girls. That number was very high considering the players out there. But with them merging with another club (Legacy) you had to get some of them in etc.

So 10 were cut.
- 4 went to the Phx Rising ECNL team
- 1 went to the AZ Arsenal ECNL team
- 5 stayed and are now on the DPL team

The Phx Rising team has 4 ECNL girls from Sereno. 4-5 are from their current team that finished close to the bottom of top AZ division (APL). A couple came in from the Sereno team that was state 1 (ie just under the top division APL). And the rest are a combo of APL and state 1.

The AZ Arsenal team is mainly constituted from their team who was in the APL and took 3rd place. Overall I believe they lost about 3 girls. They gained 1 Sereno ECNL girl. After that they just got a few kids from mainly other top APL division teams.

The RSL DPL team. 5 girls from the ECNL team. 4-5 from a team that took 2nd in the APL. 4-5 from the Sereno team that was state 1. And a few other from here and there.

So if you watch AZ soccer you know that neither of those 3 teams will be as strong as the previous ECNL team for that particular age group. You will see roughly the same in the other age groups.

We went from 2 ECNL teams 2 yrs ago to 1 DA and 1 ECNL this year. Next year 2 DA, 2 ECNL, 2 DPL.

To say things have changed is an understatement.

Funny looking at the other conferences with clubs having 2 teams. Would have understood it if they were affiliates/franchises in different areas of the country, or even state, but seems odd that ECNL would want clubs to have their own A and B teams playing against each other and seems to go against the term “Elite” if there is a team that’s not even the best players in their own club?

Funny looking at the other conferences with clubs having 2 teams. Would have understood it if they were affiliates/franchises in different areas of the country, or even state, but seems odd that ECNL would want clubs to have their own A and B teams playing against each other and seems to go against the term “Elite” if there is a team that’s not even the best players in their own club?

They clubs with two teams previously had a team in ECNL and a team in the DA. I guess they did not want these clubs to lose players so they gave them two teams. Since ECNL has single age divisions these clubs will actually have more teams and players at the elite level than they did previously. That's good for their economics.

Back