2018-2019 SW ECNL Conference Discussion

So that really good Strikers u15 (2017 season) all moved to Blues this season? RB have anything to do with that? That's an interesting move IMHO.
Probably more to do with their coach moving from Strikers to Blues!

Unrelated...I love this time of year with club training kicking into high gear, private training schedule updated and league games on the horizon! College teams showing off their new recruits and hitting the pitch in anticipation of the season. NAIA to D1 all raring to go. It's all good! Just love it!

League play starts this weekend for many SW conference teams. I'm looking for that LA Breakers crew to get one 'shocker' before the weekend is over. So far it looks like a pretty normal opening weekend as teams begin working on getting their rhythm as the season moves on.

Looks like LA Breakers still has one more opportunity today to get that "shocker" althought they did better in the younger ages. How come it always takes Blues so long to post their scores?

Last edited:
I'm looking for that LA Breakers crew to get one 'shocker' before the weekend is over.
Dang, you called it. Not sure which age group you were predicting but U17 Breakers taking down LAFC Slammers (last year's first place SW DA team) today is a surprise. The majority of those LAFC Slammers 02 players were starters on that DA 01/02 team... sure to fire up the anti-DA crowd in the ECNL v DA threads.

Dang, you called it. Not sure which age group you were predicting but U17 Breakers taking down LAFC Slammers (last year's first place SW DA team) today is a surprise. The majority of those LAFC Slammers 02 players were starters on that DA 01/02 team... sure to fire up the anti-DA crowd in the ECNL v DA threads.
LAFC Keeper received a red card on a 1v1 challenge so Slammers played down a man for a good amount of time.

It lends credibility to the claim that there are (or were) a lot of talented players that play in neither ECNL nor DA, since a lot of this team's roster seems to be former Westside Breakers (SCDSL), Real Socal/SCV (DPL and SCDSL), Fram (CSL) and others (based on a cursory look at the names and a quick Google search).

LAFC Keeper received a red card on a 1v1 challenge so Slammers played down a man for a good amount of time.

No doubt being a man down impacts anyone, but the LA Breakers have done well in the games that are listed for them since June on the YSR site, scoring a lot of goals. I would not make too much of any single soccer game, but the evidence suggests this team has enough talent to compete.

Or, our current state of affairs has diluted talent and resulted in more parity than ever before -- the exact opposite of the concentration of talent/elite players that US Soccer wanted/needed to accomplish with the DA.

Not sure what happened in their first game but the 03 Breakers looked like a legit team against LAFC Slammers today, 3-1.

Woah. Easy there. The girl that scored 37% of their regular season goals last season on the 01/02 DA team is not playing U17. She is playing U19. It goes to show that one kid at almost any age group can make or break a team. Remember the LAFC SLammers U16/U17 team was 0-2 last year until they brought her up to fix the problem. No surprise to me.

The LAFC Slammers team was a dual age team last year in the DA. They split their DA team into the U19 and the U17 and probably had to bring in a lot of new players to fill in the rosters so it is not the same team. A lot more games to play so we will have to see how things play out.

They split their team . . .
They were a man down . . .
They lost their leading goal scorer . . .
What next -- biased refs? Bad fields? An ill wind was blowing?

I am sure they will be a top team, but stop with the lame excuses. They lost a game, it happens. Give the Breakers the credit they deserve.

Oh, and welcome to the ECNL.

They split their team . . .
They were a man down . . .
They lost their leading goal scorer . . .
What next -- biased refs? Bad fields? An ill wind was blowing?

I am sure they will be a top team, but stop with the lame excuses. They lost a game, it happens. Give the Breakers the credit they deserve.

Oh, and welcome to the ECNL.

These are facts. For someone to come on here and say the U17 ECNL team is last years U16/U17 DA team completely incorrect. Who gives a crap who won or loss.

Woah. Easy there. The girl that scored 37% of their regular season goals last season on the 01/02 DA team is not playing U17. She is playing U19. It goes to show that one kid at almost any age group can make or break a team. Remember the LAFC SLammers U16/U17 team was 0-2 last year until they brought her up to fix the problem. No surprise to me.
Interesting stuff. Is the kid you're referring to an '02 who is playing up at u19? I checked the rosters from the DA website for last year and the ECNL site for this year, and all the 02's from the DA unit are listed on the U17 ECNL team now. And none of the '01 players on that team had that many goals. Maybe she's rostered on the 02 team but is playing up?

Back