2018/19 Champions League

@djchubakka
Ajax director of football Marc Overmars: 'Our wage budget for the 1st, 2nd and youth team is 28 million. That's as much as Gareth Bale earns in a year. What Real Madrid pays for one player is used for our entire squad.' Only 28 million. Let that sink in.

Ajax was 250/1 to win the league at some point during the group stage; my son was saying bet them so why not?

Didn't they qualify for this season's tournament by beating Dynamo Kiev in a play-off.

It's crazy that Ajax gave them the boot. Madrid is not looking good right now, seems to be a lot of strife there. Ajax was hungry and they came to win.

I thought Madrid would come back, they usually take it to the last minute, can't count them out. I guess not this time.

We'll see what they do this summer.

I guess we'll see next week if Lyon does the same thing to Barca.

Seriously, wow! Still not sure about that PK call
It's probably the right call by the book, but it's a bummer that decided the match. I don't think MU had a shot in the second half until the 87th minute or so. PSG really have themselves to blame for another early exit.

I'm not a MU fan, but in your face Jose Mourinho!

That was a rough call.

I'd be a little worried if I was Barca. These underdogs are coming up big. They haven't exactly been at the peak of their game lately.

Back