2018/19 Champions League

My grandparents lived about 10 min from where ADO plays and my Dads middle name, Willem, has a Dutch club with the same name. That all said I've always been more of a PSV follower.

It would be really great if the Eredivisie could retain their top players and become more of a player in the CL. The way it stands they are a poormans version of the Bundesliga...
The Dutch league has become a platform of development and sales. Watched a piece a few months ago on this very topic with the Ajax youth director. They are now just in business to develop players and sell them. Kinda sad from a place that's developed some of the greatest players. A friend of mine is also a huge PSV fan. He's from Holland and this is his team. I remember when Ernie Stewart use to play for Willem. Not sure if you recall but about 10 years ago Fox Sports use to air the Dutch league. Fun to watch.

There are some great matches here.

Last 16 draw for UEFA Champions League, 2018-19

Schalke v. Manchester City
Atletico Madrid v. Juventus
Manchester United v. Paris Saint-Germain
Tottenham Hotspur v. Borussia Dortmund
Lyon v. Barcelona
Roma v. Porto
Ajax v. Real Madrid
Liverpool v. Bayern Munich

Some of these could've been the final.

Lyon v. Barcelona
Roma v. Porto
Ajax v. Real Madrid

Nah...Lyon would never make the final.

Lyon v. Barcelona
Roma v. Porto
Ajax v. Real Madrid

Damn Bayern gets shafted every year, always getting matched up against Real Madrid the last couple of years (in the quarters I believe) now Liverpool in the round of 16! Besides that matchup, looking forward to the Atlético/Juve matchup and Spurs/Borrusia.

Athletico v Juve
Man U v PSG
Tottenham v Dortmund
Liverpool v Bayern

3 really good match-ups.....but the Man U could be a sneaky fun game to watch...or just a hammering!

Damn Bayern gets shafted every year, always getting matched up against Real Madrid the last couple of years (in the quarters I believe) now Liverpool in the round of 16! Besides that matchup, looking forward to the Atlético/Juve matchup and Spurs/Borrusia.
Real Madrid is not the same since CR left but Bayern hasn't been in top form either.

Funny how a coach can go from being a genius to an idiot in a few seasons.

Not so special anymore: Antiquated Mourinho finished at the highest level

The Portuguese's sacking as Manchester United boss comes as no surprise and no elite club will be interested in a coach who has failed to evolve
https://www.goal.com/en/news/not-so...nho-finished-at-the/7azyg69n1ltj1ndgrngw4lkfx

Atletico Madrid v. Juventus great match up. Toss up
Manchester United v. Paris Saint-Germain. Can PSG finally break through? I dunno about this one
Liverpool v. Bayern Munich. Going with the Reds, Klopp knows Bayern so will he make the adjustments that could make the difference.
Tottenham Hotspur v. Borussia Dortmund. Dortumund too much fire power for Hotspur.
Lyon v. Barcelona.... Barcelona
Roma v. Porto......Tough one to call. Toss up
Ajax v. Real Madrid? Madrid always seems to comes through in the CL and they are favorite but this one could be a upset

Not so special anymore: Antiquated Mourinho finished at the highest level

The Portuguese's sacking as Manchester United boss comes as no surprise and no elite club will be interested in a coach who has failed to evolve
https://www.goal.com/en/news/not-so...nho-finished-at-the/7azyg69n1ltj1ndgrngw4lkfx

Atletico Madrid v. Juventus great match up. Toss up
Manchester United v. Paris Saint-Germain. Can PSG finally break through? I dunno about this one
Liverpool v. Bayern Munich. Going with the Reds, Klopp knows Bayern so will he make the adjustments that could make the difference.
Tottenham Hotspur v. Borussia Dortmund. Dortumund too much fire power for Hotspur.
Lyon v. Barcelona.... Barcelona
Roma v. Porto......Tough one to call. Toss up
Ajax v. Real Madrid? Madrid always seems to comes through in the CL and they are favorite but this one could be a upset

Would love.. love to see Ajax go through! Maybe I should write a letter to Santa?

I think a lot of Man U fans just got an early Christmas gift! So does United go get another big name coach or maybe turn their eyes across the channel to PSV?
I got a big Merry Xmas! This has been my team since 93. His appointment was a huge disappointment to me! I hope they go with someone who knows how to manage and work with players to get their best. Who plays an attractive style and who has an imagination. There are coaches out there that are not big names, like Nuno Santo at Wolverhampton.

Back