2007 DA

FCGS just got stronger. The CB from Boca (pumas and Brea before that) turned down LAFC to go to FCGS.
Interesting

FCGS just got stronger. The CB from Boca (pumas and Brea before that) turned down LAFC to go to FCGS.
Interesting

From what I’ve heard they’ve got a strong core this year. Two former LAFC players, this new CB addition, some solid players from last year’s squad and a few new acquisitions from elsewhere. Should be interesting to see how they develop.

Actuals: Strikers 1 vs San Diego Surf 1
Regarding the Strikers vs SD Surf 1:1 game... These teams have never failed to produce a fast, competitive and enjoyable game to watch. They've played each other 4 times now since the beginning of last year including the LA Galaxy Cup Tournament, with Surf winning 2 and the 2 other games being tied.
Both teams look just as strong this year and honestly Strikers, with a full squad present, are probably the best SD region team right now. Strikers were playing UP their two best defenders for this game and it showed.
First half was fairly even, but if I had to give it to one team, I'd say that Strikers owned the first half of this game. It was 1-0 Strikers at half due to very good midfield play. Surf owned the second half, had their back 4 inside the Strikers half of the field for much of the half, (except for that last few minutes) and got the equalizer toward the end. Strikers put in a huge effort toward the end to get the winning goal, and almost got it after their striker dribbled the keeper, looked to be ready to slot home the winner, only to be "relieved" of the ball at the last second by a desperate Surf midfielder who had charged back to cover.
All in all another great game by two teams who have come to be great and friendly rivals.

Interesting

The CB from Boca(pumas and Brea before that)- never made Lafc- he couldn't have turned it down since he wasn't good enough to make the team. However, he is a great player and he will do well for FCGS

The CB from Boca(pumas and Brea before that)- never made Lafc- he couldn't have turned it down since he wasn't good enough to make the team. However, he is a great player and he will do well for FCGS
Yeah, I questioned that and I guess it was TFA. I didn’t think it mattered to update so I let it ride.

All right you Strikers parents, is RSL the real deal? How'd you do?

Legends dominated Santa Barbara 3-0
Strikers 4-2 Del Sol
Del Sol 4-1 OC Surf
Pats 2-1 Ventura

Looks like OC Surf is struggling, Arsenal has improved, Del Sol isn't as good as RSL, SDSC can be beat if you counter and shut down DR, and SD Surf has come back to the pack.

here's predicts vs actuals for this weekend. home team is listed first. it's looks the algo is just starting to get dialed in a bit, but there's seemingly inconsistent results. Could be group parity but at this age there's a number of factors that also play a significant role in results. the next couple of weeks will be interesting to watch. Stay tuned ...

Los Angeles
predict: TFA 2 vs LA Galaxy 1. Actuals: TFA 3 vs LA Galaxy 1.

predict: Ventura Fusion 6 vs Pateadores 2. Actuals: Ventura Fusion 1 vs Pateadores 2
note: unexpected result here. per the game report, look like Ventura may have been missing a couple of players but there's not much info. Any commentary from folks at the match?

predict: LAUFA 3 vs FC Golden State 2. Actuals: LAUFA 0 vs FC Golden State 5 (thx RedDevilDad!)
note: last season LAUFA beat FCG 9-5 in aggregate. This season, FCG had a good result vs LAG but then a less than compelling win against Santa Barbara. Tough to tell where things are at from three games, but FCG may be one to watch this season. LAUFA had a good win against Ventura, a tie vs the Pats and then this loss vs FCG.

predict: Santa Barbara SC 2 vs Legends 4. Actuals: Santa Barbara SC 0 vs Legends 3

predict: Real So Cal 2 vs LA Galaxy 3. Actuals: Real So Cal 2 vs LA Galaxy 5

San Diego
predict: Arsenal 0 vs San Diego SC 3. Actuals: Arsenal 4 vs San Diego SC 3
note: Arsenal looking improved this year. per the game report, this looks like it was a good match. SDSC went ahead 2-0 early but Arsenal got one in right before half. of note, Arsenal kept DR from scoring in the 1st h. In the 2nd half, Arsenal came to play, with three unanswered goals to make the score 4-2 Arsenal. DR got one in at the 68th minute to make it 4-3 for the final. It's a bit early to be highlighting Arsenal as significantly improved from last year, but maybe... Some of the signs are there but two good matches do not make a trend.

One learning from this match is that SDSC has a significant dependency on DR, and if teams can contain him, then they'll keep themselves in the match.

Any other commentary on this?

predict: Real Salt Lake AZ 3 vs OC Surf 1 Actuals: Real Salt Lake AZ 8 vs OC Surf 1
note: all the AZ matches are based mostly on YSR rankings data right now, so ...

predict: San Diego Surf 3 vs Murrieta Surf 1. Actuals: San Diego Surf 2 vs Murrieta Surf 1

predict: SC del Sol 3 vs Strikers 4 Actuals: SC del Sol 2 vs Strikers 4
note: all the AZ matches are based mostly on YSR rankings data right now, so ...

predict: Real Salt Lake AZ 2 vs Strikers 2. Actuals: Real Salt Lake AZ 2 vs Strikers 0
note: thx! KR16 for score and commentary. here's KR16 notes: "Strikers lost to RSL 0-2. RSL had Strikers due to speed plus heat. The heat/turf was not in favor of Strikers. I think RSL will do well in the bracket and in my opinion is either comparable or better then LAFC. I would like to see both teams play each other at some point. RSL players had size, speed and skills. The players were very composed on the field and also utilized the whole space. Watch #14 on that team. Really talented player. Considering there’s only two DA teams in the area I’m guessing they really do get the best of the best."

predict: SC del Sol 3 vs OC Surf 2. Actuals: SC del Sol 4 vs OC Surf 1

Last edited:
Murrieta v San Diego Surf game...
Game was fairly even. Murrieta picked up a red card that changed the game a bit. Defender lunged in and made the ref make a subjective decision... earned a red. SD kid was unfortunately hurt so that may have made what Murrieta thought was a yellow... into a red. Then, Coach Matt shifted to an even more defensive tactic and Murrieta failed to really generate any offense against an evenly matched SD. I feel like Murrieta has yet to get anything going. Feels like they lack an identity and aren't playing together. Got some talented players that aren't getting the ball with the chance to score.

Red Devil, I was at that game. The Murietta player made a late challenge, from behind, studs up, just under the knee. I happened to have a line of sight to the foul - as did the AR who made the call Red card call. It was a very bad decision from the player, although I don't think any malice was involved as he was trying to win back a ball he just lost. The SD Surf player suffered a broken ankle and complex fracture - could easily be out 6 months. Nothing subjective about the call though. It ticked every box for a red card.

All right you Strikers parents, is RSL the real deal? How'd you do?

Legends dominated Santa Barbara 3-0
Strikers 4-2 Del Sol
Del Sol 4-1 OC Surf
Pats 2-1 Ventura

Looks like OC Surf is struggling, Arsenal has improved, Del Sol isn't as good as RSL, SDSC can be beat if you counter and shut down DR, and SD Surf has come back to the pack.

Strikers lost to RSL 0-2. RSL had Strikers due to speed plus heat. The heat/turf was not in favor of Strikers. I think RSL will do well in the bracket and in my opinion is either comparable or better then LAFC. I would like to see both teams play each other at some point. RSL players had size, speed and skills. The players were very composed on the field and also utilized the whole space. Watch #14 on that team. Really talented player. Considering there’s only two DA teams in the area I’m guessing they really do get the best of the best.

Strikers lost to RSL 0-2. RSL had Strikers due to speed plus heat. The heat/turf was not in favor of Strikers. I think RSL will do well in the bracket and in my opinion is either comparable or better then LAFC. I would like to see both teams play each other at some point. RSL players had size, speed and skills. The players were very composed on the field and also utilized the whole space. Watch #14 on that team. Really talented player. Considering there’s only two DA teams in the area I’m guessing they really do get the best of the best.

RSL scrimmaged LAFC last month (in LA) and I believe LAFC won by a lot. Of course RSL is still coming together as a team, and should improve as the season continues. That #14 is an '08, but clearly has size/speed on his side. Guess we'll see how he continues to progress over time...

RSL scrimmaged LAFC last month (in LA) and I believe LAFC won by a lot. Of course RSL is still coming together as a team, and should improve as the season continues. That #14 is an '08, but clearly has size/speed on his side. Guess we'll see how he continues to progress over time...
Hmmm interesting, well they definitely have come together a lot. And even more impressed about #14 being an 08! He was almost a head tall
Then most kids.

Red Devil, I was at that game. The Murietta player made a late challenge, from behind, studs up, just under the knee. I happened to have a line of sight to the foul - as did the AR who made the call Red card call. It was a very bad decision from the player, although I don't think any malice was involved as he was trying to win back a ball he just lost. The SD Surf player suffered a broken ankle and complex fracture - could easily be out 6 months. Nothing subjective about the call though. It ticked every box for a red card.
Well, you can guess what team the parent was from who sent me that info.

Wow, that’s terrible. Hope that kid heals quick.
Thanks for the update.

here's predicts for this weekend (9/28/19). home teams are listed first.

San Diego
Albion 5 vs OC Surf 3

LAGSD 1 vs Murrieta Surf 4

Strikers 7 vs Chula Vista 1

SDSC 1 vs San Diego Surf 2 - match to watch
note: SDSC knocked off SD Surf 4-2 to start the 2019-20 season but have had a couple of disappointing performances in the last two games. plus, it's clear that SDSC has a big dependency on DR. All in all, should be a fun rematch to watch

Los Angeles
Pateadores 4 vs Real SoCal 3 - match to watch
note: both clubs have aspirations to be more competitive but neither has shown very strong so far this season. have a feeling both teams will get after it this weekend.

Ventura Fusion 2 vs LA Galaxy 3 - match to watch
note: LA Galaxy rallied a bit last week against Real SoCal but generally has had a less than expected start to the season. Ventura showed strength last year but has been underperforming this season. Will be interesting to see which team steps up.

TFA 2 vs LA Surf 2 - match to watch
note: both teams have shown well so far this season. should be a fun, hard fought match to watch

FC Golden State 1 vs LAFC 4

LAUFA 2 vs Santa Barbara SC 1
note: LAUFA has been the definition of one step forward, one step back so far. Santa Barbara started strong in their first match with a 3-1 win against the Pats but has faded since. Santa Barbara's defense is respectable but they're having a tough time putting the ball in the back of the net. be interesting to see if either team can make some forward progress this weekend.

Back