2007 DA

Discussion in 'Boys Development Academy' started by USC, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Toe poke

Toe poke Bronze

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Question for the informed....... This 07 DA group is the age of that Jr World Cup tournament??? Is that tournament still happening and I think the winning team is somehow compensated with trip to Japan, correct?
    Anyone have information on this one?

2. RedDevilDad

RedDevilDad Bronze

Ratings:
    +169 / 0
    I was told that there would be u12 world challenge bracket for the 07s at the West Coast classic in Irvine. I heard the trip experience was very poor and we opted to pass on the event. I was also concerned at how long it took them to settle on it. First, the event was on. Then it was off and then it was a bracket within another existing event. Eh.

Here’s what I was told:

3. watfly

watfly Silver

Ratings:
    +585 / 10
    When do schedules come out for fall? I can't recall from last year.

4. RedDevilDad

RedDevilDad Bronze

Ratings:
    +169 / 0

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RedDevilDad

RedDevilDad Bronze

Ratings:
    +169 / 0
    How's everyone feeling going into the 19-20 season?
    I've seen a few of the teams play.
    LAG: Did they reload after several players left?
    LAUFA: I think they snagged some transfers
    FCGS: Definitely improved. Picked up some good Legends and a few others.
    Legends: looks like they took some LAG kids. But rumors of discontent amongst parents... granted they had an epic Scotland trip in there.
    Arsenal FC: Added one or two but doesn't look strong. Slaughtered by FCGS.
    Murrieta Surf: Haven't heard of any upgrades or new additions.
    OC Surf: Looked solid, improved
    LAFC: Sounds like they kept most of their top players.

That's all I've seen or heard this summer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. watfly

watfly Silver

Ratings:
    +585 / 10
    In regards to San Diego, this is what I'm hearing through the 07 rumor grapevine. Most of this is 2nd and 3rd hand accounts so please take it with a huge grain of salt as I don't know the validity of some of this info. (please correct me if any of this info is wrong)

LAGSD: Heard that they don't have a full roster yet. May be the case since they advertised tryouts again a number of weeks ago. Heard they may be actively recruiting players from other teams and asking back players they originally "cut".
    Surf: Heard they lost a few, know they added at least one strong player from Albion. Heard they may be actively recruiting from other SD clubs, which I believe is SOP for Surf. Should still be an excellent team but does loss to Legends at WCC portend anything?
    SDSC: Added 3 players from Rebels and kept core of team. From an individual player standpoint they should have more depth. Should be improved, but team drama could be an issue.
    Albion: Not aware of their changes other than player that went to Surf. Already had a lot of depth, should be comparable to last year. New coach that players/parents seem to feel is an improvement.
    Nomads: Turned over bulk of the roster primarily with kids from all the above clubs. Much improved, but work in progress.
    Chula Vista: No clue. Affiliation with DV7 will have some impact. Hopefully they will be improved for the benefit of the league.
    AZ Clubs: ?

I suspect their are still some significant changes to come for some teams. I don't think were going to get a true sense for the quality of the teams until April, at which point there will only be a month left in the season and then the process starts all over again. If I had to put money on it I would say Strikers will be the top team in the SD league. I've always been impressed by their coaching and play. Lets hope that all the teams show improvement, that the games are competitive and we see some attractive soccer.

7. RedDevilDad

RedDevilDad Bronze

Ratings:
    +169 / 0
    I think LAGSD is set. Had a friend sign there last week and he said had full team. I know LAGSD 07s have games and are playing Albion (I believe) this weekend and working on a scrimmage against Legends the following.
    SDSC- saw them play twice in July. Much improved and yeah, had new players. Very good team.
    Saw Real AZ at Surf Cup. Praying that they're not as bad as it seemed.
    Murrieta Surf- Same ole, same ole. Stoke City-esque. Curious how the large field affects their style of play.
    Arsenal- added a few players and the DOC took over team. Changing coaches and thus formations got them commandingly to the Surf Cup Final to lose in PKs. granted in Middle bracket of 3. I heard they lost big to a FCGS recruit team but play Legends this weekend. May give a frame of reference against Surf on how both play against Legends.

Re: LA
    FCGS added some LAG and Legends talent.
    TFA got a few from LAG and LAUFA
    LAUFA for some from LA Premier.
    Sounds like LA is a lot more re-shuffling than SD.

8. futbol10

futbol10 Bronze

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    RSL-AZ DA was not at Surf Cup, that was the ECNL team. There were no FT DA players at Surf. DA hasn't played since Man City (mixed results there, beat Sporting KC and San Jose Earthquakes, tied Real So Cal and Strikers, lost to LAFC and NYCFC). They have 3 friendlies this weekend against LAUFA, LAFC, and SDSC.
    Del Sol DA hasn't played since Cerritos, which they won that tournament beating LAUFA DA in the final (2-1), 5 wins 0 losses there (16 GF, 4 GA).
    Both teams should be competitive in the SD division.

• Like Like x 1
  9. whatithink

whatithink Bronze

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    AZ teams at Surf may have started practice after the summer break 2-3 weeks prior. That's in 100+ heat, and maybe got a scrimmage or 2 in against other teams playing Surf also. In short, they are in pre-season mode at best. The RSL-AZ 07 team in the "best of the best" bracket are labeled their ECNL team, so not the DA one. ECNL is the second team.

Both the RSL & DelSol AZ teams are basically new this year built from ID dates and pulling kids from multiple clubs, so they will be a work in progress I'd expect with the coaches looking to impose a style standard at odds with what half the kids have played up to now (coming from multiple clubs). They have talent but it'll take until Spring to see how that's gelling.

10. watfly

watfly Silver

Ratings:
    +585 / 10
    I heard that two players just moved from SDSC to LAGSD. I don't think it will be a huge impact for either team.