2006 DA

@3leches your insight might be clouded by the BS that LAG is feeding parents of an age group that is probably one of the worst in their academy. Your comment about them having 07s only goes to show that this team is bad. I believe the first time these two teams played the score was 6-1 and now after several weeks, several games and with enough time for Cien to prepare and make the necessary adjustments .......hmmmmmm..... well you go and lose 7-1 this time around. Don't give us that TFA and LAFC high press ... that's just an excuse for the real reason why LAG is struggling .... its plain and simple they don't have talent . Thats why you now are seeing LAG coaches scouting Market training, State Cup, Tournaments etc. and just wait until the season is over when they cut half the team... where is your theory that in the long run LAG players will benefit for playing this style of soccer then? The answer is that these players won't be around because they would have brought in 10 new ones in attempting to close the gap between TFA and them. Wouldn't surprise me if they try and bring over TFA coach and the team to swing the balance of power between LAG and LAFC. They have done this in the past so why not go to that well again.....

If they are playing kids up it could be one of 2 things
They want to develop players
Or what they currently have is not working out for the them..
Fact is They have lost 5 of their last 6 games
Coach plays possession soccer and did last season
But this wasn’t happening at all with the 05s last year!

If they are playing kids up it could be one of 2 things
They want to develop players
Or what they currently have is not working out for the them..
Fact is They have lost 5 of their last 6 games
Coach plays possession soccer and did last season
But this wasn’t happening at all with the 05s last year!
Here's some data points.

LAG 06 was improving since the beginning of the season on both sides of the ball up but peaked with their first match against LAUFA in late October, right before the showcase.

After that, LAG 06 got worse on both sides of the ball, and, for example, a good benchmark is that they beat FCG 3-0 before the showcase, but the score was 1-4 when the two teams played again after the showcase. (FCG has been improving at a steady pace this season but, despite FCG's improvement, the score should have been closer than 1-4 )

There's 2-3 06 players also that look like they stopped playing for LAG after the LAUFA match/showcase. LAG has been playing 07s up - usually 2-5 07 players per game - and it looks that practice mostly started after the LAUFA match/showcase as well.

On the LAG 05s last year to this year, LAG replaced 9-10 '05 players from 2017-18 with new recruits from other academies for the 05 u14 2018-19 season.

Let me add some insight and I would've agreed with you soccerjunkie at the beginning of the season. LAG played two 2007's up again and this coach does not allow them to play "long balls". This team is forced to play possession soccer even when pressured out of the back, the keeper does not punt the ball he plays to feet. So when you are playing a team like TFA or LAFC that high press it leads to goals because of simple mistakes.

TFA plays well but direct soccer, clearances by center backs , goalie punts almost every time, etc. So yes it looks bad but the LAG kids will benefit in the long run. It's easy to play long to the forward not so easy to play out the back under pressure to the mids to the forwards, etc. No one is winning championships at u13.
Is this a different LAG coach than last year? Because when we played them last year, I was surprised by how much kick ball they played, especially after they went down. I was expecting better soccer from an MLS academy.

@3leches your insight might be clouded by the BS that LAG is feeding parents of an age group that is probably one of the worst in their academy. Your comment about them having 07s only goes to show that this team is bad. I believe the first time these two teams played the score was 6-1 and now after several weeks, several games and with enough time for Cien to prepare and make the necessary adjustments .......hmmmmmm..... well you go and lose 7-1 this time around. Don't give us that TFA and LAFC high press ... that's just an excuse for the real reason why LAG is struggling .... its plain and simple they don't have talent . Thats why you now are seeing LAG coaches scouting Market training, State Cup, Tournaments etc. and just wait until the season is over when they cut half the team... where is your theory that in the long run LAG players will benefit for playing this style of soccer then? The answer is that these players won't be around because they would have brought in 10 new ones in attempting to close the gap between TFA and them. Wouldn't surprise me if they try and bring over TFA coach and the team to swing the balance of power between LAG and LAFC. They have done this in the past so why not go to that well again.....

You are right and maybe they will replaced half the team, wouldn't be surprised.

here's predicts for this weekend (2/9 & 2/10). home team is listed first.

SD
SD Surf 5 v. Chula Vista 1
Strikers 4 v. Murrieta 1
OC Surf 2 v. SDSC 2
Arsenal 2 v. LAGSD 3
Nomads v. Albion 2

LA
LAG 1 v. TFA 5
LA Premier 4 v. Santa Barbara SC 1
LAFC 5 v. Legends 1
LAUFA 1 v. Pats 3
Real SoCal 1 v. FCG 2

Here's actuals vs predicts this week. Two questions to folks: 1) Does anyone have the score for the Albion v Nomads game? 2) Was weather a factor for any of the games over the weekend? Two weeks back, the weather generated some funky scores/results. It looks like this wasn't the case this weekend but wanted to check.

SD
Predict: Strikers 4 v. Murrieta 1. Actuals: Strikers 2 v. Murrieta 1. Per the game report, looks like Strikers were missing their second leading scorer, but, still, similar type of result as their last match vs Murrieta. Looks like Murrieta may match up well w/ the Strikers but then they fade a bit in the 2nd half (a good first 11 but not many quality subs?)

Predict: OC Surf 2 v. SDSC 2. Actuals: OC Surf 0 v. SDSC 0. Not a lot in the game report when there's a 0-0 tie. Any commentary from folks who attended?

Predict: Arsenal 2 v. LAGSD 3. Actuals: Arsenal 2 v. LAGSD 2. Per the game report, looks like a tight back and forth match with LAGSD scoring and then Arsenal matching. Seems like the last five minutes would have exciting.

Predict: Nomads 1 v. Albion 2. Actuals: Nomads 1 v. Albion 3.

LA
Predict: LAG 1 v. TFA 5. Actuals: LAG 1 v. TFA 7. Gave the two cents on LAG in a different post. See chart of LAG's and TFA's goal differential % per game over time below. LAG had been improving since the start of the season but started to have worse results after the showcase. Likely due to with playing more '07s and losing two players. Still, these kind of results do not bode well for current LAG 06 players given that the 05 team replaced 9-10 2017-18 players for new recruits from other academies in 2018-19.

Predict: LA Premier 4 v. Santa Barbara SC 1. Actuals: LA Premier 5 v. Santa Barbara SC 2. LA Premier started strong this season but has faded a bit in their results since the showcase. Seems like that event is dividing line for a number of teams.

Predict: LAFC 5 v. Legends 1. Actuals: LAFC 4 v. Legends 1. Rechecked the algorithm and there was a bug in LAFC's data. Predict should have been 6-0 for LAFC, so good on Legends for getting one in and keeping the score somewhat reasonable.

Predict: LAUFA 1 v. Pats 3. Actuals: LAUFA 1 v. Pats 0. Good on LAUFA for d'ing up for the win. LAUFA has had a slow but steady improvement defensively over the course of the season. Pats look they still have some winter break rust with worse than expected results in their last three games.

Predict: Real SoCal 1 v. FCG 2. Actuals: Real SoCal 1 v. FCG 4. Per the game report, looks like FCG was pretty dominant throughout with RSC getting one at the very end to keep the margin at three goals. FCG has shown steady improvement over the course of the season while RSC has plateaued and/or is slightly declining.
______

Here's the LAG and TFA goal differential % charts for the season so far:
upload_2019-2-12_9-45-34.png

upload_2019-2-12_9-46-33.png

Last edited:
Woow!!
What a wrong idea or soccer concept from both of you. You guys need to appreciate each other team efforts. winning a game is not all. tomorrow your kid might play for Galaxy / TFA or vice-versa. Leave the fanatism on your poor soccer soul aside and support the kids. Enjoy your wins and learn your losses and respect other clubs methods to achieve their goals. this beautiful time in the fields does not belong to you. It belongs to your son. Be a conscious adult person. FYI: I don't belong to any of these teams or age, just a person feeling sad for the negative vibes.

Woow!!
What a wrong idea or soccer concept from both of you. You guys need to appreciate each other team efforts. winning a game is not all. tomorrow your kid might play for Galaxy / TFA or vice-versa. Leave the fanatism on your poor soccer soul aside and support the kids. Enjoy your wins and learn your losses and respect other clubs methods to achieve their goals. this beautiful time in the fields does not belong to you. It belongs to your son. Be a conscious adult person. FYI: I don't belong to any of these teams or age, just a person feeling sad for the negative vibes.

Woow!!
I wish my kid could play for somebody with those principals :)

Woow!!
I wish my kid could play for somebody with those principals :)
These principals are impossible to achieve when we pass the fine support vs fanaticism line. Most of the parents, even when their kids are playing the top competition, don't see it that way.
Simple formula. Respect others as you wish to be respected .

Some time towards the end of last season I gave up that winning and losing a game was what was important. Now I truly enjoy watching my boys play with no attachments in regardsthe outcome of the game. I do watch and pay attention to how they are playing and I tell my boys that they will know after every game whether they won or lost just by accessing at what they did on the field
In nut shell
I’m there to watch my sons play and don’t get stuck on the scores as much as I used to.
Remember
Kids want to be kids,let them be kids
I know a handful that were really good and parents would brag about them and their team
Then went on to get cut by team and some stopped playing the game period.
Just enjoy is my 2 cents

Some time towards the end of last season I gave up that winning and losing a game was what was important. Now I truly enjoy watching my boys play with no attachments in regardsthe outcome of the game. I do watch and pay attention to how they are playing and I tell my boys that they will know after every game whether they won or lost just by accessing at what they did on the field
In nut shell
I’m there to watch my sons play and don’t get stuck on the scores as much as I used to.
Remember
Kids want to be kids,let them be kids
I know a handful that were really good and parents would brag about them and their team
Then went on to get cut by team and some stopped playing the game period.
Just enjoy is my 2 cents
This is a great audited. For me, it took a season where my son played on a good team with a good coach who was too ambitious and bumped them up to gold when they weren't ready to come to the conclusion that winning really, really doesn't matter at this age. They lost every game that year, but the kids improved tremendously and I learned to let things go...

I don't see TFA's coach nor team going to LAG anytime in the near future. It would be one thing if LAG were graduating their academy players into the pro system or even better generating interest overseas for their players but, they are not and, are more interested in purchasing the services of "over the hill" international stars. They have had ample time to produce quality players but, choose to recruit rather than develop players ala Alvarez who developed elsewhere. The novelty of LAFC is attracting players now but it remains to be seen how their system will grow and if they will be able produce quality in the future. At least they have LAG there as a template to NOT follow...by the way the results of this particular match shot TFA to the #1 spot in the Top Drawer Soccer rankings.

Here's predicts for this weekend. btw, the goal of this info is to provide families, coaches and clubs a baseline against which to evaluate development, rather than just focusing on did we win or lose.

A lot of folks will say after a game, "Well, we lost but did better this time," or "We won but didn't play very well." These predicts are intended to help take that mindset a step further, so that folks can say, we were projected to do "x" and we did "y" instead. Why was that? Did we make forward progress this weekend or not?

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Home teams are listed first. Should be good soccer weather (finally).

Los Angeles

Pats 1 vs. TFA 2 *game to watch*
TopDrawer ranks TFA as the new #1 u13 team in the country, and ranks the Pats at #17. Last time these teams played at the beginning of the season, Pats won 3-1 with two yellow cards for each team. (i.e. It's on baby.) Key will whether or not the Pats D can keep TFA's O under control, particularly in the first half. Game is at UC Irvine with a game start of 10am. Should be fun to watch.

LA Premier 1 vs LAFC 4
FC Golden State 2 vs LAUFA 1
Real SoCal 1 vs. Legends 2
Santa Barbara SC 1 vs LA Galaxy 5

San Diego
LAGSD 1 vs. Strikers 3
Nomads 1 vs. Albion 2
SD Surf 3 vs. Murrieta 1
SDSC 2 vs. Arsenal 2
Chula Vista 2 vs. OC Surf 3

Here's predicts for this weekend. btw, the goal of this info is to provide families, coaches and clubs a baseline against which to evaluate development, rather than just focusing on did we win or lose.

A lot of folks will say after a game, "Well, we lost but did better this time," or "We won but didn't play very well." These predicts are intended to help take that mindset a step further, so that folks can say, we were projected to do "x" and we did "y" instead. Why was that? Did we make forward progress this weekend or not?

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Home teams are listed first. Should be good soccer weather (finally).

Los Angeles

Pats 1 vs. TFA 2 *game to watch*
TopDrawer ranks TFA as the new #1 u13 team in the country, and ranks the Pats at #17. Last time these teams played at the beginning of the season, Pats won 3-1 with two yellow cards for each team. (i.e. It's on baby.) Key will whether or not the Pats D can keep TFA's O under control, particularly in the first half. Game is at UC Irvine with a game start of 10am. Should be fun to watch.

LA Premier 1 vs LAFC 4
FC Golden State 2 vs LAUFA 1
Real SoCal 1 vs. Legends 2
Santa Barbara SC 1 vs LA Galaxy 5

San Diego
LAGSD 1 vs. Strikers 3
Nomads 1 vs. Albion 2
SD Surf 3 vs. Murrieta 1
SDSC 2 vs. Arsenal 2
Chula Vista 2 vs. OC Surf 3
TFA 3 Pats 2

TFA 3 Pats 2
heard TFA was down 1-0 at half but made some adjustment and then completely dominated the second half . they lead 3-1 until they conceded a last min goal. pats are a very good team and this game did live up to the billing. was curious to see the difference on the style of play of TFA this time around with their coach on the sidelines since according to some parents he wasn't at the last game when pats won early in the season . Anyone else go to the game I did see a huge crowd around this game at UCI to give some feed back

TFA 3 Pats 2
heard TFA was down 1-0 at half but made some adjustment and then completely dominated the second half . they lead 3-1 until they conceded a last min goal. pats are a very good team and this game did live up to the billing. was curious to see the difference on the style of play of TFA this time around with their coach on the sidelines since according to some parents he wasn't at the last game when pats won early in the season . Anyone else go to the game I did see a huge crowd around this game at UCI to give some feed back
TFA missed on quite a few 1st half opportunities and then conceded a free kick just outside the penalty area but, it was a great back and forth battle with Pats generating a few scoring chances as well. The second half seemed a bit more intense with TFA capitalizing on a couple miscues by the Pats squad resulting in 3 unanswered finishes which deflated them for a spell. Seemed more physical then normal, some jawing, shoving, holding throughout the match but, what do you expect from a bunch of preteen boys full of machismo. Over all a great match with lots of mutual respect from both sides, very entertaining, looking forward to their final match of the season.

Here's predicts vs actuals for the last weekend (2/23 & 2/24):

Los Angeles
Predict: Pats 1 vs. TFA 2. Actuals: Pats 2 vs TFA 3. By all accounts - thank you to legit_play and soccerjunkie for feedback - a good match to play and to watch.

Predict: LA Premier 1 vs LAFC 4. Actuals: LA Premier 0 vs LAFC 3. Per the game report, looks like the score was competitive until the last five minutes when LAFC may have benefited from a match-up and had a player put a brace in.

Predict: FC Golden State 2 vs LAUFA 1. Rescheduled.

Predict: Real SoCal 1 vs. Legends 2. Actuals: Real SoCal 1 vs. Legends 0. Looks like a solid match by Real SoCal. Anyone have any additional color on this one?

Predict: Santa Barbara SC 1 vs LA Galaxy 5. Actuals: Santa Barbara SC 4 vs. LA Galaxy 4. Good on Santa Barbara for the tie (after losing the first match-up 0-5), particularly with a Santa Barbara PT player who went for a hat trick. However, per the game report, LAG rostered five 2007s. So kudos also to LAG for playing kids up and fostering development. Any other commentary?

San Diego:
Predict: LAGSD 1 vs. Strikers 3. Actuals: LAGSD 1 vs. Strikers 1. Looks like LAGSD did a good job of keeping the Strikers offense bottled up. However, per the game report, the Strikers second leading scorer - averaging one goal per game -was not rostered. Does anyone know if #18 is out with any injury? He wasn't rostered for the previous game on Feb 9th either.

Predict: Nomads 1 vs. Albion 2. Rescheduled.

Predict: SD Surf 3 vs. Murrieta 1. Rescheduled.

Predict: SDSC 2 vs. Arsenal 2. Actuals: SDSC 2 vs. Arsenal 3. Per the game report, looks like a solid match with an exciting last five minutes. Anyone have more color?

Predict: Chula Vista 2 vs. OC Surf 3. Actuals: Chula Vista 0 vs. OC Surf 2. Per the game report, looks like a solid win for OC Surf. Anyone have more color?

Last edited:
here's predicts for this weekend. home team is listed first.

Los Angeles
Real So Cal 0 vs LAFC 6. *could be a good opportunity for LAFC to play some 07s up and do some development*
TFA 4 vs. LA Premier 1
Legends 1 vs. FCG 2
LA Galaxy 1 vs. Pateadores 3 *game to watch*
last two matches were 5-3 and 1-0, Pats both times. Would suspect LAG will be looking to bring it.
Santa Barbara SC 1 vs. LAUFA 2

San Diego
LAGSD 2 vs. Albion 1
SD Surf 3 vs. SDSC 1
Strikers 7 vs Nomads 0. *could be a good opportunity for Strikers to play some 07s up and do some development*
OC Surf 2 vs. Arsenal 2
Chula Vista 2 vs. Murrieta 4

Back