2004 Boys, games of the week, standings, etc.

The LAFC vs LAG game is this Weekend, the LafC boys have been consitent all season while the Galaxy boys had a small slump and picked up in the last four games, they only tied against to what seems to be a very strong Albion. It’s well known that non MLS teams practice with extra intensity and focus the week leading up to a game when playing either one of these teams. I’m guessing these two are training with a little extra focus this week as well (especially galaxy). With that being said. Any predictions? I’ll likely get my kid and some of his teammates in the car and go watch this game for myself.

The LAFC vs LAG game is this Weekend, the LafC boys have been consitent all season while the Galaxy boys had a small slump and picked up in the last four games, they only tied against to what seems to be a very strong Albion. It’s well known that non MLS teams practice with extra intensity and focus the week leading up to a game when playing either one of these teams. I’m guessing these two are training with a little extra focus this week as well (especially galaxy). With that being said. Any predictions? I’ll likely get my kid and some of his teammates in the car and go watch this game for myself.
Here's what I got. http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/...ch-this-weekend-prediction-and-preview.16367/

here's predict for this weekend. home team listed first.

San Diego:
Strikers 1 vs San Diego Surf 2

here's predicts vs actuals for this last weekend:

Prediction: Strikers 1 vs San Diego Surf 2

Actual: Strikers 1 vs San Diego Surf 1

Note:
Per the game report, Strikers played two 2005 players for 11% of the total available minutes, and one of these 05's - Steven Ramirez - scored the tying goal at the 68th minute. SD Surf did not play any 2005 players.

Last edited:
here's predicts vs actuals for this last weekend:

Prediction: Strikers 1 vs San Diego Surf 2

Actual: Strikers 1 vs San Diego Surf 1

Note:
Per the game report, Strikers played two 2005 players for 11% of the available minutes, and one of these 05's - Steven Ramirez - scored the tying goal at the 68th minute. SD Surf did not play any 2005 players.
Strikers played one 2005 100% of the available minutes. Steven Ramirez subbed in @ the 68th minute

Strikers played one 2005 100% of the available minutes. Steven Ramirez subbed in @ the 68th minute
Got it. Thx. Was calc'ing out of 2005 pt out of 990 total minutes available i.e. 90 +22 = 112/990 = 11%. Will update post to read of "...total available minutes."

For this weekend. Home team is listed first.

Nomads 3 vs LA Galaxy 2
San Diego Surf 2 vs Albion 1

Here predicts vs actuals. Home team listed first.

Predict: Nomads 3 vs LA Galaxy 2 - Actuals: Nomads 0 vs LA Galaxy 2 (*note: good on the Galaxy for d'ing it up. there's been some significant improvement from LAG since their game against FCG)

Last edited:
The kid was there. Full strength squad. Read the game report again.
my bad. the game report is screwy but clearly he was at the game. apologies for my mistake.
upload_2019-1-23_20-28-21.png

Seems like LAG has been steadily improving their defense since the loss to FCG. has there been a change in training/focus? (genuinely curious, not snarky)

Last edited:
Seems like LAG has been steadily improving their defense since the loss to FCG. has there been a change in training/focus? (genuinely curious, not snarky)
Lots of experimenting with formations and players in different spots this season. The line up Sunday worked well.

here's predicts for this weekend (1/26 & 1/27). home team is listed first.

FC Golden State 3 vs LA Galaxy 3
LAUFA 4 vs Arsenal 1 (1/26)
Nomads 2 vs LAFC 6 (1/26)
LAUFA 2 vs LAFC 6 (1/27)
Strikers 5 vs RealSoCal 2

Last edited:
Back