2004 Boys, games of the week, standings, etc.

Good season so far
Lafc looks dominant as expected, lots of talent, they can score from a variety of plays with a very organized defense

Fcgs has gone undefeated since the loss in game 1 to Lafc ... that have mostly played top competition and the prof is in the pudding, they are a top team

Same can be said for nomads with their only loss in game 1 to La Galaxy ... nomads had a softer start of the schedule, let’s see how they do against the stronger teams?

Pats has only lost to the mis clubs and won everyone else... well done

Galaxy was on a SIX game losing streak and seems to have made recent adjustments

Laufa has a strong record with only two loses and with only had a 1 goal differential in each loss to Albion and Galaxy

RSC has one win and some bad loses putting them in the slums with arsenal and Barca

Surf has had a respectable season, their national team player is a stud, mostly wins with only two loses and a tie to the fcgs

Post your thoughts 04 parents

Good season so far
Lafc looks dominant as expected, lots of talent, they can score from a variety of plays with a very organized defense

Fcgs has gone undefeated since the loss in game 1 to Lafc ... that have mostly played top competition and the prof is in the pudding, they are a top team

Same can be said for nomads with their only loss in game 1 to La Galaxy ... nomads had a softer start of the schedule, let’s see how they do against the stronger teams?

Galaxy was on a SIX game losing streak and seems to have made recent adjustments

Laufa has a strong record with only two loses and with only had a 1 goal differential in each loss to Albion and Galaxy

RSC has one win and some bad loses putting them in the slums with arsenal and Barca

Surf has had a respectable season, their national team player is a stud, mostly wins with only two loses and a tie to the fcgs

I like this keep it coming !!

Good season so far

Great report! Missing a game....Nomads beat Laufa 2-1 but for some reason they haven’t posted the result. It’s been over a month.

Great report! Missing a game....Nomads beat Laufa 2-1 but for some reason they haven’t posted the result. It’s been over a month.
That changes my view view of nomads, besting LAUFA is no easy task. Was this team revamped with a player additions? Puberty also changes the way a team plays with extra speed and strength

Here’s predicts for this weekend’s 04 games vs SoCal opponents. Home teams are listed first.

Saturday
Strikers 2 vs SD Surf 2
Arsenal 1 vs Nomads 4
LAFC 8 vs Real SoCal 1*
LAGSD 1 vs LAUFA 3

Sunday
Albion 2 vs LAG 2
LAGSD 1 vs LAFC 7

*last game was LAFC’s lowest scoring game this season - 3-1 for LAFC – so RealSoCal may match up well w/ LAFC and keep it closer than 8-1

Here’s predicts for this weekend’s 04 games vs SoCal opponents. Home teams are listed first.

Saturday
Strikers 2 vs SD Surf 2
Arsenal 1 vs Nomads 4
LAFC 8 vs Real SoCal 1*
LAGSD 1 vs LAUFA 3

Sunday
Albion 2 vs LAG 2
LAGSD 1 vs LAFC 7

*last game was LAFC’s lowest scoring game this season - 3-1 for LAFC – so RealSoCal may match up well w/ LAFC and keep it closer than 8-1
Glad to see you posting with the 04’s! Love what you do on the 05’s thread. Looking forward for more!

Here's predicts vs actuals:

Saturday
Predict: Arsenal 1 vs Nomads 4

Actuals: Arsenal 1 vs Nomads 2

Predict: LAFC 8 vs Real SoCal 1

Actuals: LAFC 8 vs Real SoCal 1

Predict: LAGSD 1 vs LAUFA 3

Actuals: LAGSD 3 vs LAUFA 2 (good win for LAGSD with a nice 2nd half effort)

Sunday
Predict: Albion 2 vs LAG 2
Actual: Albion 1 vs LAG 1

Predict: LAGSD 1 vs LAFC 7
Actual: LAGSD 0 vs LAFC 4 (per Fishme1. Fishme1, any color on how the match went?)

Last edited:
Here's predicts vs actuals so far:

Saturday
Predict: Arsenal 1 vs Nomads 4

Actuals: Arsenal 1 vs Nomads 2

Predict: LAFC 8 vs Real SoCal 1

Actuals: LAFC 8 vs Real SoCal 1

Predict: LAGSD 1 vs LAUFA 3

Actuals: LAGSD 3 vs LAUFA 2 (good win for LAGSD with a nice 2nd half effort)

Does any one have more color on how the matches went, or 04 results from the Strikers vs. Surf?
How did you get the 8-1 blows my mind....

How did you get the 8-1 blows my mind....
Thx. Been doing this algorithm for a bit for my sons' teams. It's a little complicated but basically it's how does each team typically do vs how other teams typically do for goal scoring and allowing goals, and then projecting those tendencies forward to future games.

It usually starts to get pretty accurate after every team has played every other team once.

Sometimes, I'll get lucky early on - like calling the the 8-1 LAFC vs RSC score - and other times, one team will have a good or bad game - like LAGSD beating LAUFA 3-2 - and none of the predicts, i.e. Goals Scored, Goals Allowed or outcome, will hold up.

Variations in predict vs actuals also occur when one team matches up well, or poorly, against another team. Usually when one team will have a big dominant forward(s) or a big dominant midfielder. And if a coach with a team who is playing is reading these predicts, obviously this could also throw the prediction accuracy way off.

In any case, the algorithm gives teams a gauge of how they're doing over time, even if they typically losing or if they're typically winning, because the algorithm and the prediction outputs has/have them competing against themselves and their past tendencies i.e. are they getting worse or better on defense or offense over time.

(probably not doing a great job explaining this but gave it a shot)

Thx. Been doing this algorithm for a bit for my sons' teams. It's a little complicated but basically it's how does each team typically do vs how other teams typically do for goal scoring and allowing goals, and then projecting those tendencies forward to future games.

It usually starts to get pretty accurate after every team has played every other team once.

Sometimes, I'll get lucky early on - like calling the the 8-1 LAFC vs RSC score - and other times, one team will have a good or bad game - like LAGSD beating LAUFA 3-2 - and none of the predicts, i.e. Goals Scored, Goals Allowed or outcome, will hold up.

Variations in predict vs actuals also occur when one team matches up well, or poorly, against another team. Usually when one team will have a big dominant forward(s) or a big dominant midfielder. And if a coach with a team who is playing is reading these predicts, obviously this could also throw the prediction accuracy way off.

In any case, the algorithm gives teams a gauge of how they're doing over time, even if they typically losing or if they're typically winning, because the algorithm and the prediction outputs has/have them competing against themselves and their past tendencies i.e. are they getting worse or better on defense or offense over time.

How much does a 3 team parlay pay? Great job of doing this BTW. I wish it could be done for ‘04-‘07 as we seem to watch scores for the club.

Got no comment on 3 team parlay... ;) Thx.

Am going to see if I can add this for the 06s, but 07s isn't do-able w/ predictive accuracy. I think there's too much variation in team rosters week to week. I think what Focomoso does maintaining the standings for 07s is great though.

This is great! Please keep it going!

predict for this week. SD Surf 1 vs LAFC 4
The DA schedule shows the Surf are playing Laufa.
I saw online there was a tournament in Texas that Surf did pretty good.... Do extra games, like tournaments play a role in your algorithm ?

The DA schedule shows the Surf are playing Laufa.
I saw online there was a tournament in Texas that Surf did pretty good.... Do extra games, like tournaments play a role in your algorithm ?
Thx for the catch. Too much turkey this week...

here's the predict for this week's actual game. SD Surf 3 vs LAUFA 1.

Right now, I'm not including extra games due to time constraints, but at some point, it would make sense.

Two games left for the season,
I’m interested in seeing if the 3252 will be at the LAG vs LAFC game. Last game had around 200 spectators and rumor has it that LAG did not allow the 3252 to attend with drums. On the soccer side, I know coaches from both sides are attending each other’s games to develop game plans. El tráfico is real

Thx for the catch. Too much turkey this week...

here's the predict for this week's actual game. SD Surf 3 vs LAUFA 1.

Right now, I'm not including extra games due to time constraints, but at some point, it would make sense.
SD Surf vs LAUFA match was rescheduled.

Back