05 Training Camp - January - West Regional USSDA

Kante

PREMIER
Have heard a few Surf players (3-4 make sense) have been called up to the 05 USSDA western regional camp in January, and that the camp will be a residential camp in Carson that will go 4-5 days and will include western players (i.e. la, sd, norcal, or, wa, maybe co).

Can think of a 4-5 LAG players, 4-5 LAFC players and maybe two Strikers that likely were called up. And maybe one Real SoCal, maybe one Legends, maybe one Santa Barbara SC, maybe one LAUFA, maybe one Arsenal (if he's not still hurt) and maybe two TFA.

However, that would be put SoCal's total contribution to the camp at between 20-23 players, which seems like a lot given that there likely will only be 40-50 players at the camp, but maybe about right.

Any other news/more detail from folks? can direct message me as well to keep it confidential.

I have heard of one Real Salt Lake-AZ kid being called into this. Had no idea what January camp it was, assumed it was a training center, but didn't see any training centers in CA during January. So, now it makes more sense. No idea if others from RSL are being invited too. This team went 4-0 at the DA Showcase last month.

Are there dates for this? I see the MNT is holding camp too at the Chula Vista site... Will this be another program like the one last year where there were multiple ages train together?

Are there dates for this? I see the MNT is holding camp too at the Chula Vista site... Will this be another program like the one last year where there were multiple ages train together?
The Jan u14 camp will be Jan 17 to 21. US Soccer has been behind the eight ball w/ the u14 team to this point (eg, no u14 coach thru at least Aug of this year, no u14 camps this year vs three u14 camps by this time last year etc.), so would hope there would be some specific focus now to the u14's. But that's just reading the tea leaves.

Here's detailed info on the mini-camp going on right now. https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...fication-scouting-program-regional-mini-camps

Here's who received invites from socal. Looks like there will be a match btw LA and Southwest tomorrow morning. should settle the "who's better - LA or SD?" debate

LA Select Roster by Position (Club)
GOALKEEPERS (2): Marcos Herrera (LAFC), Noah Livingston (LAFC)
DEFENDERS (6): Hgeiler Alvarez (Total Futbol Academy), Tyler Bindon (LAFC), Andy Garcia (Pateadores), Jonathan Moreno (LA Galaxy), Diego Rosales (LAFC), Demitrious Tanks (LA Galaxy),
MIDFIELDERS (7): Diego Ceja (LAFC), Francis Jacobs (Irvine Strikers), Bryan Moyado (LAFC), Alexander Salas (LAFC), Brandon Tellez (LA Galaxy), David Vasquez (Total Futbol Academy), Marcus Vasquez (Santa Barbra SC)
FORWARDS (5): Edu Beltran (LAFC), Miguel Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Steven Ramirez (Irvine Strikers), Jonathan Ruvalcaba (LA Galaxy), Alixson Soukup (LAFC)
Coaches: Shawn Beyer (YNT Network Scout- Southern Calif.), Josh Hill (YNT Network Scout- Southern Calif.)

Southwest Select Roster by Position (Club)
GOALKEEPERS (2): Ramses Martinez (San Diego Surf), Osvaldo Rodriguez (Real Salt Lake AZ)
DEFENDERDS (7): Haroun Conteh (Phoenix Rising), Alex Lopez (San Diego Surf), Alexander Lopez (Phoenix Rising), Bryan Moreno (LAFC), Angel Robles (Real Salt Lake AZ), Jarrod Smith (Arsenal Arizona), Ethan Zamora (San Diego Surf)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Julio Benitez (Real Salt Lake AZ), Isaac Calderon (Las Vegas Soccer Academy), Massimo Erfani (San Diego Surf), Xavi Gnaulati (San Diego Surf), Yahir Gonzalez (Real Salt Lake AZ), Diego Lopez ((San Diego Surf), Brooklyn Raines (Barca Academy)
FORWARDS (4): Luke Burns (Phoenix Rising), Dominic Kallay (Real Salt Lake AZ), Miles Mukherjea-Gehrig (San Diego Surf), Terron Williams (San Diego Surf)
Coaches: Mike Kraus (Real Salt Lake), Miroslav Pejkic (YNT Network Scout- Southern Calif.)

Congrats to all the players who got invited!

By any chance did any 2006 players get invited to this? Or is it purely 2005 only?

I have heard of one Real Salt Lake-AZ kid being called into this. Had no idea what January camp it was, assumed it was a training center, but didn't see any training centers in CA during January. So, now it makes more sense. No idea if others from RSL are being invited too. This team went 4-0 at the DA Showcase last month.
Real went 1-3 at the Albion Showcase last weekend. All one goal games, had two opportunities in final minutes to pu away TFA, then gave one up with a minute to go. Their keeper definitely impressed.

Here's detailed info on the mini-camp going on right now. https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...fication-scouting-program-regional-mini-camps

Here's who received invites from socal. Looks like there will be a match btw LA and Southwest tomorrow morning. should settle the "who's better - LA or SD?" debate

DEFENDERS (6): Hgeiler Alvarez (Total Futbol Academy), Tyler Bindon (LAFC), Andy Garcia (Pateadores), Jonathan Moreno (LA Galaxy), Diego Rosales (LAFC), Demitrious Tanks (LA Galaxy),
MIDFIELDERS (7): Diego Ceja (LAFC), Francis Jacobs (Irvine Strikers), Bryan Moyado (LAFC), Alexander Salas (LAFC), Brandon Tellez (LA Galaxy), David Vasquez (Total Futbol Academy), Marcus Vasquez (Santa Barbra SC)
FORWARDS (5): Edu Beltran (LAFC), Miguel Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Steven Ramirez (Irvine Strikers), Jonathan Ruvalcaba (LA Galaxy), Alixson Soukup (LAFC)
Coaches: Shawn Beyer (YNT Network Scout- Southern Calif.), Josh Hill (YNT Network Scout- Southern Calif.)

GOALKEEPERS (2): Ramses Martinez (San Diego Surf), Osvaldo Rodriguez (Real Salt Lake AZ)
DEFENDERDS (7): Haroun Conteh (Phoenix Rising), Alex Lopez (San Diego Surf), Alexander Lopez (Phoenix Rising), Bryan Moreno (LAFC), Angel Robles (Real Salt Lake AZ), Jarrod Smith (Arsenal Arizona), Ethan Zamora (San Diego Surf)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Julio Benitez (Real Salt Lake AZ), Isaac Calderon (Las Vegas Soccer Academy), Massimo Erfani (San Diego Surf), Xavi Gnaulati (San Diego Surf), Yahir Gonzalez (Real Salt Lake AZ), Diego Lopez ((San Diego Surf), Brooklyn Raines (Barca Academy)
FORWARDS (4): Luke Burns (Phoenix Rising), Dominic Kallay (Real Salt Lake AZ), Miles Mukherjea-Gehrig (San Diego Surf), Terron Williams (San Diego Surf)
Coaches: Mike Kraus (Real Salt Lake), Miroslav Pejkic (YNT Network Scout- Southern Calif.)

How will it settle the LA v SD debate? Over half the southwest team is not even from CA. Two of the better players on the LA team are from the SD group.

Fair point. I only glanced at the roster initially. Need to read before I type. Busy afternoon.

Maybe LA vs SD could be settled by counting the number of LA players called up and comparing that to the number of SD players, and then trusting in US Soccer's decision. And not sure about the two SD players in the LA group statement...

But, maybe, also the LA vs SD question could just be left as one of life's mysteries. At the end of the day, good on all the boys who are in Carson right now. ;)

Fair point. I only glanced at the roster initially. Need to read before I type. Busy afternoon.

Maybe LA vs SD could be settled by counting the number of LA players called up and comparing that to the number of SD players, and then trusting in US Soccer's decision. And not sure about the two SD players in the LA group statement...

But, maybe, also the LA vs SD question could just be left as one of life's mysteries. At the end of the day, good on all the boys who are in Carson right now. ;)

Well, I’d hope LA would have more players. It is after all, a little bigger. ;)

I was referring to the Strikers boys, who technically from the SD group.

In any case, great experience for the boys.

So let’s get this straight... the kids were selected from the showcase event? That’s where they were scouted, during that one weekend?? Not through any of their regular DA season games which DA scouts should be scouting from and is the one reason the U.S. Soccer Development Academy League was created in the first place?? Ok, it all makes sense.

Attachments

• 21238D91-9734-4EE5-812F-01EF10B06329.jpeg
    21238D91-9734-4EE5-812F-01EF10B06329.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 56

I thought Strikers play in the SD division? Looks like they are playing with LA. Could just be to keep even number of kids on each squad I suppose

So let’s get this straight... the kids were selected from the showcase event? That’s where they were scouted, during that one weekend?? Not through any of their regular DA season games which DA scouts should be scouting from and is the one reason the U.S. Soccer Development Academy League was created in the first place?? Ok, it all makes sense.

This whole new structure is basically admitting that their scouting network and capabilities suck. Think about it - “let’s create a bigger (much) pool and bring them in for 4 days and choose YNT based on that performance” - this is needed because they can’t scout.

I actually think this will be a good thing as far as identifying players. But to your point, my worry is kids get picked (or not picked) for YNT based on performance over 4 days.

This new strategy only works if it’s combined with continued scouting week in and week out in the DA.

Back