Forums    


Go Back   Forums > AGE/GENDER SPECIFIC > BOYS BU8-16 FORUMS 14/15 > BU-10


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
okiedokie's Avatar
okiedokie okiedokie is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 214
Thanks: 44
Thanked 64 Times in 39 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 16155
Rep Points: 802614
okiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPERADOR View Post
If you have been around club soccer and soccer altogether and you are really in it for the sport and not for the money and self glorification, it's more than all of the above.
There are times when you have to move your teams to a better fit, to develop the ideas you have and what you envision in the lung run, uniforms, names,clubs etc. none of that matter, what is important is the end result.
It's a search for who really cares about the sport and wants the sport to suceed at highest level in this country.
To this moment, it's has failed, miserably.
We have talent,the talent exist, proven.
World class players have opted out of the US system and have opted for other countries.
The system has failed the players.
Sometimes, things are beyond your comprehension.
As a parent, I have been around club soccer for several years having a daughter now out of college and a son no longer playing, so I get what it's about.

We can all criticize the system that the US has put in place, that's not what is being talked about. These kids are 8,9,10,11, etc.. and the percentage of those playing now making it to the top is very low. If you have a vision of what you want to teach, that's great, nobody is questioning that. To move your teams year after year to find a "better fit" will only create doubt to the stability of your vision. Do you get what I am saying? It's not a knock on your ability to coach what you believe in but if you think parents don't pay attention to other things than a result, you are under estimating parents.

Best of luck to coach Amaya and the rest of the guys at Cerritos Strikers/Slammers, hope it's the final move for them!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:54 PM
EMPERADOR's Avatar
EMPERADOR EMPERADOR is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 593
Thanked 310 Times in 210 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 687289
Rep Points: 34359565
EMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long way.

It's a long commitment.
It's bigger than all of this.
That's why the parents have to be on it for the long run as well and be committed all the way, 100% and to make sacrifices.
Many fall along the way, players and parents 99% of them.
Passion it's what’s needed, passion for the sport, call it crazy, stupid or desperate, whatever you want.
That's what the difference is between the US and the rest of the world.
You would not understand.
Trust me I been there.
__________________
Play hard, no matter what the outcome is.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EMPERADOR For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
okiedokie's Avatar
okiedokie okiedokie is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 214
Thanks: 44
Thanked 64 Times in 39 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 16155
Rep Points: 802614
okiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPERADOR View Post
It's a long commitment.
It's bigger than all of this.
That's why the parents have to be on it for the long run as well and be committed all the way, 100% and to make sacrifices.
Many fall along the way, players and parents 99% of them.
Passion it's what’s needed, passion for the sport, call it crazy, stupid or desperate, whatever you want.
That's what the difference is between the US and the rest of the world.
You would not understand.
Trust me I been there.
If you believe in this passion then why do you promote a state cup tournament at these younger ages? If you are so in the know of what goes on in other countries then tell me if they have a state wide tournament at the youth level? They don't in the countries I have been.

Nobody denies that the US does not have the passion other countries do. I do know my friend. I have seen kids on the streets of Cairo playing soccer in the alleys with a ball made out of plastic bags. I have seen soccer being played in the slums of Sao Paulo by kids with no shoes or torn up shoes or anything they can get on their feet. Been to Spain, United Arab Emirates and Sweden. I do know as I have seen it as well as my kids.

None of the above is what I asked, it was a simple question of why change from club to club. Coach Amaya and his crew work hard, never denied that, just wondered why the change again.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
BeachFly's Avatar
BeachFly BeachFly is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Bay
Posts: 341
Thanks: 184
Thanked 175 Times in 94 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 888201
Rep Points: 44408168
BeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond reputeBeachFly has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
If you believe in this passion then why do you promote a state cup tournament at these younger ages? If you are so in the know of what goes on in other countries then tell me if they have a state wide tournament at the youth level? They don't in the countries I have been.

Nobody denies that the US does not have the passion other countries do. I do know my friend. I have seen kids on the streets of Cairo playing soccer in the alleys with a ball made out of plastic bags. I have seen soccer being played in the slums of Sao Paulo by kids with no shoes or torn up shoes or anything they can get on their feet. Been to Spain, United Arab Emirates and Sweden. I do know as I have seen it as well as my kids.

None of the above is what I asked, it was a simple question of why change from club to club. Coach Amaya and his crew work hard, never denied that, just wondered why the change again.
They are staying with the same Cerritos based club.
It is just that the leadership of that club has made a business decision to affiliate with Slammers instead of Strikers. Directors of Coaching are the same. The coach will be the same. The practice fields will be the same. This really isn't that complicated and it affects all Strikers Cerritos teams. Not sure how else to explain it. Done it twice now. I guess I can try crayons and construction paper next . . . Bottom line, trying to make it sound like RA is a club hopper isn't right or fair to him and his team.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeachFly For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:07 AM
EMPERADOR's Avatar
EMPERADOR EMPERADOR is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 593
Thanked 310 Times in 210 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 687289
Rep Points: 34359565
EMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
If you believe in this passion then why do you promote a state cup tournament at these younger ages? If you are so in the know of what goes on in other countries then tell me if they have a state wide tournament at the youth level? They don't in the countries I have been.

Nobody denies that the US does not have the passion other countries do. I do know my friend. I have seen kids on the streets of Cairo playing soccer in the alleys with a ball made out of plastic bags. I have seen soccer being played in the slums of Sao Paulo by kids with no shoes or torn up shoes or anything they can get on their feet. Been to Spain, United Arab Emirates and Sweden. I do know as I have seen it as well as my kids.

None of the above is what I asked, it was a simple question of why change from club to club. Coach Amaya and his crew work hard, never denied that, just wondered why the change again.
As long as you are not part or have never been part of it you will never understand, you will be just looking from the outside, you could have been at all of the world cups combined and watch thousands of hours of soccer it would not make a difference, you were never the sport.
When you have a passion a vision, you play, just like you just mentioned on your post, you play on the street, the beach, anywhere you can.
If you open up, this is what we have here, we have tournaments, local and state and outside of state, friendlies, etc.
That's what we have available, time to play..
You go at it anytime there is an opportunity to play.
You want to find out about the move, sure, come by and stick around, show up for games and training as well as board member meetings, etc.
suit up and deal with that part of the business.
That has nothing to do with the sport.
__________________
Play hard, no matter what the outcome is.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
okiedokie's Avatar
okiedokie okiedokie is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 214
Thanks: 44
Thanked 64 Times in 39 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 16155
Rep Points: 802614
okiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachFly View Post
They are staying with the same Cerritos based club.
It is just that the leadership of that club has made a business decision to affiliate with Slammers instead of Strikers. Directors of Coaching are the same. The coach will be the same. The practice fields will be the same. This really isn't that complicated and it affects all Strikers Cerritos teams. Not sure how else to explain it. Done it twice now. I guess I can try crayons and construction paper next . . . Bottom line, trying to make it sound like RA is a club hopper isn't right or fair to him and his team.
I never said RA was a club hopper, simply asked why the change? I have given him props. I don't know all the reasons for the change, simply asked why? I understood why they left Beach to team up with two great brothers and paired up with Strikers, a USSDA club. Just curious what Slammers had to offer, I thought the move to Strikers was a good one, it gave a weak Academy IMO a future. I know AC and WC, yes two good leaders.

It was again, a simple question that's all. Didn't need to develop into a world passion question.

Good luck to RA and the Camargo bros.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
okiedokie's Avatar
okiedokie okiedokie is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 214
Thanks: 44
Thanked 64 Times in 39 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 16155
Rep Points: 802614
okiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond reputeokiedokie has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPERADOR View Post
As long as you are not part or have never been part of it you will never understand, you will be just looking from the outside, you could have been at all of the world cups combined and watch thousands of hours of soccer it would not make a difference, you were never the sport.
When you have a passion a vision, you play, just like you just mentioned on your post, you play on the street, the beach, anywhere you can.
If you open up, this is what we have here, we have tournaments, local and state and outside of state, friendlies, etc.
That's what we have available, time to play..
You go at it anytime there is an opportunity to play.
You want to find out about the move, sure, come by and stick around, show up for games and training as well as board member meetings, etc.
suit up and deal with that part of the business.
That has nothing to do with the sport.
I played the game from 6 yrs old all the way through college, I spent 3 years in the United Arab Emirates and played on some nice sandy pitches, I understand the passion that goes with it, please don't assume.

I don't need to come by and check it all out. Going back to my original comment, "why the change" that's all I asked. Thought Strikers was a good move, curious what Slammers, a non USSDA, has to offer that Strikers doesn't. I am in no way saying Slammers isn't a good club, it was the best club when my daughter played on the girls side. Curious question that had nothing to do with passion for the game or being on the outside as opposed to the inside.

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
EMPERADOR's Avatar
EMPERADOR EMPERADOR is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 593
Thanked 310 Times in 210 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 687289
Rep Points: 34359565
EMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kool Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
I played the game from 6 yrs old all the way through college, I spent 3 years in the United Arab Emirates and played on some nice sandy pitches, I understand the passion that goes with it, please don't assume.

I don't need to come by and check it all out. Going back to my original comment, "why the change" that's all I asked. Thought Strikers was a good move, curious what Slammers, a non USSDA, has to offer that Strikers doesn't. I am in no way saying Slammers isn't a good club, it was the best club when my daughter played on the girls side. Curious question that had nothing to do with passion for the game or being on the outside as opposed to the inside.

Good luck to you!
simple.
"Promises" give or take, most make them, but not many keep them.
That goes around a lot in club soccer.
__________________
Play hard, no matter what the outcome is.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EMPERADOR For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
EMPERADOR's Avatar
EMPERADOR EMPERADOR is offline
SILVER ELITE
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 593
Thanked 310 Times in 210 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 687289
Rep Points: 34359565
EMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond reputeEMPERADOR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
I played the game from 6 yrs old all the way through college, I spent 3 years in the United Arab Emirates and played on some nice sandy pitches, I understand the passion that goes with it, please don't assume.

I don't need to come by and check it all out. Going back to my original comment, "why the change" that's all I asked. Thought Strikers was a good move, curious what Slammers, a non USSDA, has to offer that Strikers doesn't. I am in no way saying Slammers isn't a good club, it was the best club when my daughter played on the girls side. Curious question that had nothing to do with passion for the game or being on the outside as opposed to the inside.

Good luck to you!
Ouch.
There may be better quality in soccer at the local park than college or the UAE.
No bueno.
__________________
Play hard, no matter what the outcome is.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EMPERADOR For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Galaxy37's Avatar
Galaxy37 Galaxy37 is offline
SILVER
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southbay
Posts: 61
Thanks: 12
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 56591
Rep Points: 2828260
Galaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxy37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachFly View Post
Instability in Cerritos? Really?
Relatively stable there compared to some other clubs. Your profile says SouthBay so you should be aware of instability with the Force, uh, I mean Galaxy. Name change. Director of Coaching turnover. Coaching changes from U8 to U9 and likely U9 to U10 boys teams. Addition of Exiles. That strikes me as far less stable than this team which has had the same coach, many of the same players over the last three years and is sticking with DOCs from Strikers Cerritos as they move to Slammers.
Yes on paper it looks unstable and if your a parent I can see why. Burn bridges and calling people out.
It was merely a comment. You shouldn't compare your organization to ours. The change from Force to Galaxy is a great business decision and a true partnership. But if you'd like let's compare our our staff Division 1 coaching experience by multiple coaches, ODP coach, direct feeder to galaxy academy. We are adding and analyzing our staff to bring the best product. Next season we will bring in a UCLA woman's staff member. What are you offering that's so alluring.
Maybe RA knows what he is doing, but you are clueless. The move to slammers is a plus for the girls program but are your boys going to feed into the ECNL program. I hope not but you never know with today's liberal agendas.
Just don't call it an Academy this upcoming year. That would mean the team is moving towards something legitimate and not hopping around year to year after the BS that your DOC is selling you.
Consider this. If you are thinking long term. Who is coaching you next year or the year after that. Every knowledgeable person would tell you that the best thing for player development is to have a coaching change ever two years.
Out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Provided By: SoCalSoccer Forum Forums