Forums    

Go Back   Forums > SoCal Soccer > SCDSL TALK

Old 12-16-2010, 06:28 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

BOOS!: 40
BOOED! at 18 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Points: 173957190
Tenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECNL

So here's a question for the peanut gallery (or at least parents with kids on ECNL teams); when ECNL starts up next year at U15 how are people defining their priorities?

For example, which comes first ECNL or High School?
Or what about National Cup, it sounds like this spring might be the last time we see all the big SoCal teams attend (given the restrictions)?
Which comes first, the ECNL Academy or Coast Soccer League?

Anyway, it seems to me ECNL is going to really impact how things work from here on out. I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about it-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tenacious D For This Useful Post:

Old 12-16-2010, 06:45 PM

Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,432 Posts
BOOS!: 16
BOOED! at 18 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Points: 274722447
2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
So here's a question for the peanut gallery (or at least parents with kids on ECNL teams); when ECNL starts up next year at U15 how are people defining their priorities?

For example, which comes first ECNL or High School?
Or what about National Cup, it sounds like this spring might be the last time we see all the big SoCal teams attend (given the restrictions)?
Which comes first, the ECNL Academy or Coast Soccer League?

Anyway, it seems to me ECNL is going to really impact how things work from here on out. I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about it-

After a year of experience with ECNL her is my take.

My DD has had great experience and exposure from playing in the events. She should because it was not cheap. Of course doing College Showcases also would not be cheap.

It is fun watching the other teams from around the country. Without ECNL unless you make it to Regionals or even Finals you just don't see much cross country competition. You start noticing the girls that are on the US U-15/17 rosters and it makes sense watching most of them play. They are studs.

Next year will be different with the Regional games. I am not a fan of this format but it is the only way that ECNL can add games to the schedule. Adding more long range travel would be cost prohibitive.

These are just my opinions. My oldest never did more than one local college showcase. My U17 now has traveled to Houston, Seattle, New Jersey/ New York City, Florida, Las Vegas and North Carolina with ECNL/id2.

She has visited 7 colleges with her teammates and 6 on her own because of the exposure from ECNL. Half her team has now committed to colleges. A 50/50 split between Seniors and Juniors.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2outof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 1
BOOED! at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Points: 244965315
BUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond reputeBUFFYGIRL has a reputation beyond repute

The weather is changing. Are those storm clouds on the horizon, or welcomed warm winds? The ECNL is coming at us like the old AFL came at the NFL back in the 60's.....This Elite league is offering camps to selected girls similar to that of ODP. Their schedules appear to be expanding upwards to possibly 26 games. U14 is now part of their future agenda. I'm also surprised there aren't more people talking about it!?
The Following User Says Thank You to BUFFYGIRL For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 08:07 PM
un-self banned for now

Thanked 2,917 Times in 2,041 Posts
BOOS!: 74
BOOED! at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Points: 2057055530
aff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried about the cost, and at what cost. Is the goal to get the best soccer players, or the parents that can afford the most travel and the best hotels?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aff-leet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 PM

2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute2outof3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff-leet View Post
I'm worried about the cost, and at what cost. Is the goal to get the best soccer players, or the parents that can afford the most travel and the best hotels?

Our girls are avereging about $700 a trip. There is usually about 3 to 4 Mom's on the trip at their own cost. The girls sleep 4 to a room. With the current system that is 4 trips a year. With the increased game numbers but more regional play I don't know how it will lay out in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2outof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 PM
un-self banned for now

aff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond reputeaff-leet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2outof3 View Post
Our girls are avereging about $700 a trip. There is usually about 3 to 4 Mom's on the trip at their own cost. The girls sleep 4 to a room. With the current system that is 4 trips a year. With the increased game numbers but more regional play I don't know how it will lay out in the future.
Too much money. What about all the great athletes that cannot afford club soccer as it is?
This is stupid.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aff-leet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Too much money. What about all the great athletes that cannot afford club soccer as it is?
This is stupid.

I think we probably scholarship 2 or 3 players out of the 60 or so that go.

When has club soccer been about the best soccer? The girls side is all about getting the most girls into D1 schools.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:47 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

Tenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond reputeTenacious D has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is stupid.
I know... but I said the same thing when my dd went from AYSO to club. And I've got to admit- the last several years of club soccer has been so worth it.

Cross your fingers for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tenacious D For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 10:21 PM
un-self banned for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
I know... but I said the same thing when my dd went from AYSO to club. And I've got to admit- the last several years of club soccer has been so worth it.

Cross your fingers for us.
Did you just call me stupid?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:28 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

Quote:
Did you just call me stupid?

Come on now Hillbilly... stupid is as stupid does.