Forums    

Go Back   Forums > SoCal Soccer > C'MON REF !!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM

BOOS!: 19
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Points: 60320989
It won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond reputeIt won't matter later has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fleshcolored Under Armour

Ok - I respect the LOTG and the people who enforce it. So, with that said and before I complain and get all mad... I am asking those "who know" the answer to this question:

Why would the referees in our State Cup Final in Lancaster yesterday require the players to REMOVE fleshcolored underarmour?

The girls play for the Blues - so, you can all imagine how hard it is to find matching underarmour for the "lime". When we found "flesh" colored, we grabbed them. 8 girls were wearing those at the start of the game for checkin - it was 44 degrees and HAILING when the game started and the girls were required to remove them.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
NATIONAL TEAM

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,017 Posts
BOOS!: 9
BOOED! at 40 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Points: 255268572
espola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by It won't matter later View Post
Ok - I respect the LOTG and the people who enforce it. So, with that said and before I complain and get all mad... I am asking those "who know" the answer to this question:

Why would the referees in our State Cup Final in Lancaster yesterday require the players to REMOVE fleshcolored underarmour?

The girls play for the Blues - so, you can all imagine how hard it is to find matching underarmour for the "lime". When we found "flesh" colored, we grabbed them. 8 girls were wearing those at the start of the game for checkin - it was 44 degrees and HAILING when the game started and the girls were required to remove them.
Because they can.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
BANNED

BOOS!: 162
BOOED! at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Points: 6489
scotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond reputescotchmagic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because the LOTG and Cal-South rules supersede all logic.

Plus it give soccer referees a chance to flex their muscle and let everyone know who is in charge.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM
NATIONAL TEAM

BOOS!: 32
BOOED! at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Points: 80590616
FutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond reputeFutbolForever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because they are morons !!! 1st round National Cup a boys team had whatever they could find. One player on the field had a black hoodie under a white jersey AND black pants. Several other had beanies and all different color long sleeve undershirts. Makes no sense to me how many years into this and these "officilas" can't get on the same page.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:45 AM

BOOS!: 32
BOOED! at 26 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Points: 52520426
Actus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond reputeActus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yikes, that's pretty bad.

- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:50 AM
NATIONAL TEAM

espola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond repute

For those referees who feel they just must do something, they can follow the sleeveless-jersey precedent and make a notation on the game report.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Points: 26820961
SoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond reputeSoccerMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by espola View Post
For those referees who feel they just must do something, they can follow the sleeveless-jersey precedent and make a notation on the game report.
While I understand and agree with the overall reason for this rule, it should go without saying that these rules were written to be interpreted with at least a MOLECULE of INTELLIGENCE. It is obvious that the refs on the other fields who did not enforce this rule used some common sense and placed the welfare of the kids above going strictly "by the letter" on this one. If it were 65 degrees and sunny outside, I could sympathize with the decision to remove the underarmor, but not at 44 and raining...quite silly.

Knowing many of the senior CalSouth refs who are serving as administrative support for this tournament, had these particular refs asked for specific guidance from these folks, would have been told to let it go and to let the girls wear the underarmor.

The purpose of these rules is to help refs to be able to distinguish between players from different teams in close quarters sitiations. Considering that these players are not adults and are not professionals, could someone honestly believe that the game was better served by the pregame decision to doff the underarmor?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:20 PM

Thanked 1,078 Times in 739 Posts
BOOS!: 4
BOOED! at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Points: 234057718
Zoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond reputeZoro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Technically correct. They do not match the uniform which is in the LOTG. I think (my opinion) is that should be enforced competitive U16 up. Blues could wear BLUE slide shorts. If the whole team had the SAME underwear it would be hard to say that was not part of the uniform.

I remember a few years ago in a Las Vegas regional thing I was helping with that we had very cold wind and lots of the players wanted to wear sweats under their uniforms. The chief referee instructed everyone to enforce the color match dress code on the U16+ and not on the kids. The thought was at the upper level the weather was part of the game and lower level, we had safety issues. I was "helping" but this was under the top folks at US youth soccer.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Technically correct. They do not match the uniform which is in the LOTG. I think (my opinion) is that should be enforced competitive U16 up. Blues could wear BLUE slide shorts. If the whole team had the SAME underwear it would be hard to say that was not part of the uniform.

I remember a few years ago in a Las Vegas regional thing I was helping with that we had very cold wind and lots of the players wanted to wear sweats under their uniforms. The chief referee instructed everyone to enforce the color match dress code on the U16+ and not on the kids. The thought was at the upper level the weather was part of the game and lower level, we had safety issues. I was "helping" but this was under the top folks at US youth soccer.
Meaning what?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 0
BOOED! at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Points: 101910941
JLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond reputeJLGimeno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The players must meet the requirements of Law 4.

Did they play the game in hail? I'd have a bigger problem with that.

-Jorge