Forums    

Go Back   Forums > SoCal Soccer > Mike Benjamin Question's

Old 08-02-2011, 02:19 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 1
BOOED! at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Points: 86813182
sigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond reputesigpig1992 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transfers between SCDSL/CSL

Mike;

I am pretty sure we are all aware how the transfer procedure works after August 1 to Thanksgiving but now that there are two leagues, does it still work the same way?

If there is a player that is currently registered to a team in the SCDSL, and I would like to recruit her to play in the CSL for my club, I assume she cannot play in both leagues, is that correct or can she play for two different clubs in two seperate leagues? If she cannot play, do you still fill out a drop and transfer form or is that for CSL gaming purposes only? If that is only CSL, how do you do it?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:38 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 0
Rep Points: 2147483647
show me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond reputeshow me the money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig1992 View Post
Mike;

I am pretty sure we are all aware how the transfer procedure works after August 1 to Thanksgiving but now that there are two leagues, does it still work the same way?

If there is a player that is currently registered to a team in the SCDSL, and I would like to recruit her to play in the CSL for my club, I assume she cannot play in both leagues, is that correct or can she play for two different clubs in two seperate leagues? If she cannot play, do you still fill out a drop and transfer form or is that for CSL gaming purposes only? If that is only CSL, how do you do it?
I am not Mike but I believe that is a Cal South thing. Presidio had the same deadline. If you go to the Cal South website under resources: http://www.calsouth.com/en/downloads/ you will see the player transfer form and the information spelled out.

Success always comes when preparation and opportunity meet.
The Following User Says Thank You to show me the money For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 11
BOOED! at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Points: 58581569
Soccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is a CalSouth freeze.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

BOOS!: 1
BOOED! at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Points: 96222054
Mike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond reputeMike Benjamin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig1992 View Post
Mike;

There has always been more than one league. Presidio is the steady companion, but there was a time there were many more. Nothing is different now that there is another league.

But there will be confusion that some will understand without a problem, and others who will pull their hair out trying to understand. . .sort of like offside.

Cal South has a transfer freeze that begins August 1st and goes through the Monday after Thanksgiving. This applies to all Cal South registered players once registered to a Cal South team for the fall season.

Here's where the confusion comes in (watch out for sparks from brains short circuiting): As I understand it, all Clubs playing in the SCSDL sign an agreement to honor an "in league" transfer freeze through the end of State Cup. This would indicate to me that for U9-13 it's through early March, and for U14 and older - June.

So. . .to answer your question: No, you can't play in both CSL and SCSDL as they are both Cal South gaming circuits. If the girl you want to recruit is registered to a team for the 2011-12 season, she cannot transfer to any other Cal South team until the Monday after Thanksgiving, unless the DC grants a transfer freeze waiver.

Hope that helps.

If not, let me know.

At Your Service

MB
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

Thanked 2,572 Times in 2,038 Posts
BOOS!: 9
BOOED! at 40 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Points: 255268572
espola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond reputeespola has a reputation beyond repute

There are loopholes:
Quote:
e. Player Transfer Rule
Players committing to play for a SCDSL member team will commit to that team for the season. The season is defined as August 1st through State or National Cup. Players will not be able to transfer to another club within the SCDSL unless the DOCís from both clubs have approved the transfer. Players may, however, transfer from a SCDSL team to a team participating in another league other than the SCDSL in accordance to the Cal South transfer rules. Players may transfer from a non-SCDSL team to a SCDSL team, at any time, according to the Cal South transfer rules. Players may transfer to a team within the same club in accordance to Cal South transfer rules.
A player can transfer if both DOCs approve, to and from a team playing in another league, or between teams in the same club (presuming in all cases that Cal South also approves). The end date ("through State or National Cup") does not take into account possible regional and national play.

And there is the possibility of loaner players between teams in the same club.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 2
Rep Points: 78859196
Dos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond reputeDos Equis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can anyone shed some light on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benjamin View Post
As I understand it, all Clubs playing in the SCSDL sign an agreement to honor an "in league" transfer freeze through the end of State Cup. This would indicate to me that for U9-13 it's through early March, and for U14 and older - June.
Mike, you might not be the correct authority, so perhaps someone else can help clarify if this policy is indeed part of the new league. Have any parents/players in SCDL signed an agreement with this clause (since it is not part of the Calsouth forms)? The extended commitment period represents a fairly significant change.

This sounds like a rumor, given it has not been mentioned by anyone to date.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Thanked 1,441 Times in 799 Posts
BOOED! at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Points: 223565162
fudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond reputefudbaler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos Equis View Post
Mike, you might not be the correct authority, so perhaps someone else can help clarify if this policy is indeed part of the new league. Have any parents/players in SCDL signed an agreement with this clause (since it is not part of the Calsouth forms)? The extended commitment period represents a fairly significant change.

This sounds like a rumor, given it has not been mentioned by anyone to date.
It seems to be stated here:

http://www.scdslsoccer.com/docs/SCDS...AL_6_21_11.pdf

"...e. Player Transfer Rule
Players committing to play for a SCDSL member team will commit to that team for the season. The season is defined as August 1st through State or National Cup. Players will not be able to transfer to another club within the SCDSL unless the DOCís from both clubs have approved the transfer. Players may, however, transfer from a SCDSL team to a team participating in another league other than the SCDSL in accordance to the Cal South transfer rules. Players may transfer from a non-SCDSL team to a SCDSL team, at any time, according to the Cal South transfer rules. Players may transfer to a team within the same club in accordance to Cal South transfer rules..."
The Following User Says Thank You to fudbaler For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM
SILVER ELITE

BOOS!: 11
BOOED! at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Points: 58581569
Soccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond reputeSoccer Mommy has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I am confused about....how are teams in the new league able to "guest" players from other teams in the same age group and club (A, B, C, etc), when they're all playing under the Cal South guidelines of Aug 1st through Thanksgiving. What I thought that I read about the new league, was that teams could use players from within the same age group, a select number of times throughout the season...for instance Jane from the B team will have a chance to play on Saturday with the A team for development purposes. How is that allowed under the Cal South banner?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
NATIONAL TEAM

BOOS!: 2
BOOED! at 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Points: 209271768
Yellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond reputeYellow Card has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Mommy View Post
One thing I am confused about....how are teams in the new league able to "guest" players from other teams in the same age group and club (A, B, C, etc), when they're all playing under the Cal South guidelines of Aug 1st through Thanksgiving. What I thought that I read about the new league, was that teams could use players from within the same age group, a select number of times throughout the season...for instance Jane from the B team will have a chance to play on Saturday with the A team for development purposes. How is that allowed under the Cal South banner?
CalSouth sets the rules for who is on the official the team roster and what rules govern transfers onto or releases off of that roster. The competition authority sets the rules for who is eligible to play in their games. CSL rules say that only the players on your CalSouth roster are eligible to play in CSL league games. CSL Premier, OTOH, permits certain limited guest play in their games. Many tournaments say that they will accept guest players in addition to your official roster. Some tournaments allow "unlimited" guest players, meaning that you can bring any 18 (or sometimes more) age appropriate players - you don't even need a single player from your official roster to play. Spring League allows unlimited guest play - your "official" roster means nothing to them, but the group of players on your team as of the first game of "spring cup" forms the official set of players you must maintain for the remainder of the cup.

Its up to the competition authority who can play in their games. SCDSL can set whatever guest-play rules that suits the purposes of their league.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yellow Card For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
SILVER ELITE

Rep Points: 91358507
gauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond reputegauchosean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Mommy View Post
The same way you can guest with any other team for a tournament. You are a guest not a permanent transfer.

The reason CSL doesn't allow is the outcome of games matter for promotion and relegation so it would be unfair to allow guest to determine the outcome.

Since records do not count in the SCDL there is no reason not to allow guest/transfer players.